Favorite Songs in Anime?

Topic started by AURON570 on Feb. 10, 2012. Last post by coolkimy 9 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by AURON570 (572 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ImmortalSaiyan: Sounds very nice :)

Post by UsachanMaN (4,612 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Acoustic version of "Myself" from Full Moon wo Sagashite anime:

Yuki Kajiura's "Canta Per Me" from Noir OST

Post by DBZ_universe (15,755 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Stand up be strong pt1&2 by Shiro Sagusi (Bleach OST)
Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I prefer osts, the two that I really like at the moment are:

Post by Neurotic (41 posts) See mini bio Level 6

This is fast becoming my favourite. It's the OP to the OVA, although I prefer the OP to the series. That one is a bitch to find in full.

This is just a beautiful song. It makes me happy. It's even better after watching someone get horrifically murdered :P

Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Neurotic: Higurashi ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umineko no naku koro ni EP8 Ending

Higurashi no naku koro ni EP6 Ending

Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7

or 

Funnily enough, I just searched "anime ost silence" to see if there was a song that was actually called "Silence".. and there is! Here it is, it's from Love Hina. Funny story about Love Hina, as an early teenager (10-13 years) I started specifically looking up ecchi/fan servicey anime and Love Hina was one of the anime I liked back then. (You know how young boys are.. "omg boobies!") I don't think I finished watching all the episodes.

Chobits was another anime I watched simply because it had a cute girl. I remember thinking, "omggg I want a cute persecom toooo <3333" This is one of the lighter songs in the series OST.

Post by tomar (11 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Although not strictly Anime it is KOTOKO and I never miss a chance to miss my favorite KOTOKO song in a music thread.

Post by DarkMana (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Tsukiakari No Michishirube - Stereopony from Darker Than Black Ryuusei no Gemini is my favorite anime song.

I really don't know exactly why i love it. It got this nice also sad feeling to it every time I listen it. that's just my own personal opinion of Tsukiakari No Michishirube.

i just love it :3

Post by DocHaus (935 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Here's the full version of Modern Strange Cowboy. Much like the show it appears in: full of Engrish lyrics and incredibly pumped-up while still remaining campy as hell.

Hanaji, the OP to the first season of Maria+Holic. There is a full version out there, but you need to see the video to get the full experience.

There are a few others I'd like to post but I'll wait and see if someone else wants to post their own first.

Post by takashichea (13,845 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I love Serial Experiments Lain's anime opening.

The song just gives me chills.

Post by Acer. (137 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Post by Natendowii (35 posts) See mini bio Level 10

This Song can make an epic scene even more epic. Don't believe me? Ask Rei from Fist of the North Star!

Speaking of songs that make things even more epic.

And one of the most underrated songs from anime that gets my Blood pumpin'

Oh, and I also have to put one of the most AWESOME Ending songs ever!

I'll post more later, Right now I gotta go and do 40 minutes of cardio, and then do 100 crunches! (Only joking, but these songs really get your blood pumping)

Post by DCypher (117 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Just got into this (yes, ok, I know less about anime than all of you).

I marked out when I heard it, still do.

Fairy Tail

Post by tomar (11 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Natendowii: Mezame is an awesome track by Yuki Kajiura. "Materialise" from Mai Otome is good companion to that.

@takashichea: That opening looks sick. I want to start watching more 'old' anime, lol.

@AURON570:

Me, too. I saw Lain on Tech TV's Anime Unleashed. Back then, most of my nostalgic anime were on Toonami, Anime Unleashed, and International Channel (before it became AZN).

Now for this thread:

Rah Xephon is one of my favorite Mech series along with Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure, Gundam Wing and G, and Zoids. The anime opening gets good when she starts singing fast.

Deadman Wonderland is another favorite of mine. Too bad, the anime didn't continue on. The opening sequence is great, but I didn't like where they start showing off their bodies near the end. For the song, the lyrics are great and reflects the anime a lot.

@AURON570:

It's Duvet by Bôa for the Serial Lain Experiment anime.

@DCypher:

I loved that Fairy Tail opening.

@Natendowii:

The 2nd song would make a battle scene seem epic.

@DarkMana:

The beat is catchy. I loved the rain scene in the video. Looks awesome.

@The Stegman:

Dig the Death Note opening. The Death Note opening has the same mood as Deadman Wonderland.

Post by Natendowii (35 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Words cannot this describe how addictive this next song is. When I first heard it in Redline, I knew I had to put it on my iPod. Since then I've basically been listening to it Nonstop, even singing it out loud, it's that good.

I've made it no secret I'm a huge fan of the Witchblade Anime in spite of all its faults (The Meandering story, anticlimactic action scenes, and underdeveloped villains), Frankly, while the soundtrack is a mixed bag for me, there is one song that really stood out and grabbed my heartstrings like no other. It truly sums up the beautiful relationship between Masane and Rihoko.

And on a related note for songs from Witchblade that made me cry...

and to end on a more triumphant note, a song that reminds me why Legend of the Galactic Heroes is the single greatest anime ever made.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel