Fate/Stay Night gets new anime adaptation

Topic started by Fehafare on July 12, 2013. Last post by takashichea 2 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by Fehafare (9,514 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It was confirmed that ufotable, the studio that already adapted Type-Moons other works, the Kara no Kyoukai novels into movies and the Fate/Zero novel into an anime, will also take up a project of animating the Fate/Stay Night visual novel.

This would be the second Fate/Stay Night anime, after the first animated version which was done by studio DEEN as well as a movie done by the same studio.

Looking back at the previous works, this should be more enjoyable than anything DEEN has done with the series.

Original Twitter Post: https://twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/355709589787910145

More confirmations: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17363.html

Translated: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-12/ufotable-to-produce-new-fate/stay-night-project

Post by Dream (7,901 posts) See mini bio Level 21

PLEASE LET IT BE HEAVEN'S FEEL! PLEASE LET IT BE HEAVEN'S FEEL!

Post by Kurohige (3,743 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Dream: Amen to that!

@Dream: @Kurohige:

Majority of the Type-Moon/Nasuverse fanbase seems to agree. But really, whatever it is, ufotable should make a great series.

Post by Sonata (35,510 posts) See mini bio Level 20

More Fate/Stay Night, Yes please.!XD

Post by EraserCannon (522 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Guise it's confirmed HF :3

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I'd welcome another crack at it. After watching Fate/zero fate/stay night becomes completely unwatchable in its current state, but I'd welcome them going at it again especially if it's heavens feel. Some people need to pay and I want to see it happen not just hear about it XD.

@Elfenlied1012: The FSN anime we have right now by DEEN is just horrible. Not even a fraction of the enjoyment that is the visual novel.

If ufoable makes it, it should be the polar opposite of what DEEN did.

@Fehafare: I have the VN but I was super bummed out to find out I have to do the routes in order and quiet frankly I don't wanna f@#k saber. It's silly, but the saber in my mind is the saber from fate/zero who dress in a suit and was more manly then half the male cast. I want the Arturia that made Britannia her bi!@# not the flushed high school girlish one I hear she is in the VN and anime. I never finished the anime, I watched fate/zero (loved it) and then watched like 10 minutes of fate/stay night and was just like NOPE I'M OUT.

@Elfenlied1012: You can download a patch which trows all the H-scenes out or even just fast forward and skip them. You won't lose much concerning the plot.

As far as Servants from Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night go in terms of how good a character they are:

1. FSN Saber >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zero Saber (given the VN a read and you'll see Zero Saber can't even compete with her FSN counterpart, not in terms of badassery and not in terms of how good of a characters she is)

2. FSN Lancer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zero Lancer (FSN Lancer is more badass by an order of magnitudes)

3. Archer >>>>>>> Gilgamesh (Archer is often called out to be the best Servant of the Fate series)

4. Iskander >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FSN Rider (FSN Rider is the worst Servant on team FSN and Zero Rider is Broskander, no contest)

5. FSN Caster >>>>>>>> Zero Caster (even with less attention she manages to be a better character)

6. FSN Fake Assassin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FSN True Assassin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zero Assassin (Fake Assassin is so much better than the other two that it can't be put in words. True Assassin is still more useful than Zero Assassin)

7. Zero Berserker >>>>>>>> FSN Berserker (this could more or less go either way but personally i like Zero Berserker more, that's all).

@Fehafare:

Zero Berserker is best berserker. XD I love Him he is just the best to watch ruinate everything. Mostly to wipe Gilgamesh smile from his f@#king face. XD I've heard a lot of different counter arguments between this. The only one I've seen be consistent is zero beserker>FSN beserker and Zero rider>FSN rider all the rest seems argued over in the great forums of our times. I will read the VN, but I got a hell of a lot of my plate and not a lot or time. > .< haven't written a review in forever.

Post by phantomrant (1,401 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Need more Fate.

Post by AURON570 (572 posts) See mini bio Level 15

This is exciting. I haven't had time to get around to watching Fate/zero. I heard all the hype around it, and it's been on my radar for a while. Hopefully this will give me a chance to get into the whole "Fate" universe at some point.

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I hopes it's like Fate/Zero. That one is pretty dark and intense but a friend told me that the other stuff are like harem romcoms.

Post by takashichea (13,164 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@sickVisionz:

The Fate Stay Night light novel routes is like a SIM game. Each route, Fate (Saber), Unlimited Blade Works (Rin), and Heaven's Feel (Sakura), has Shirou end up with a heroine for that story. Each route has sex in it. Type Moon animated two of the routes: Fate Stay Night (Fate) and Unlimited Blade Works movie. It's more likely that the third route will be animated. Don't worry, Fate Zero is originally a light novel written by Gen Urobuchi. There is no sex there.

Online Now

@Elfenlied1012 said:

@Fehafare: I have the VN but I was super bummed out to find out I have to do the routes in order and quiet frankly I don't wanna f@#k saber. It's silly, but the saber in my mind is the saber from fate/zero who dress in a suit and was more manly then half the male cast. I want the Arturia that made Britannia her bi!@# not the flushed high school girlish one I hear she is in the VN and anime. I never finished the anime, I watched fate/zero (loved it) and then watched like 10 minutes of fate/stay night and was just like NOPE I'M OUT.

Oh my god, this made me laugh. Saber is such a popular character. She is part of most guys' fantasies and this "risque" part of the game just fulfills that part. I heard it's an optional scene. In the anime, I had fun writing up the Implied Sex Scene details.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,037 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Heard its mostly likely Heaven's Feel. That is gonna be pretty damn awesome.

Online Now

@Fehafare: @sickVisionz: @AURON570: @phantomrant: @Elfenlied1012: @Sonata: @EraserCannon: @Kurohige: @Dream:

In case you missed the news from ANN, here is the article with trailers:

Aniplex USA began streaming two English-subtitled trailers for ufotable's upcoming Fate/stay night television anime remake. Both trailers previously streamed in Japanese only on ufotable's official website.

The cast so far remains unchanged from the original version:

The staff includes:

Post by paladin (1,192 posts) See mini bio Level 13
From what I know this Fate/Stay Night is going to be a new "route" and the actual direct sequel to Fate/Zero.
Think of this way, Nasuverse has this parallel universe thing going on. So all routes of FSN are canon and technically a "sequel" to Fate/Zero.
But the new anime version of FSN is promised to handle all the loose ends with Fate/Zero.
Which I beleive is a pretty fuckin' big task.

My prediction that it's going to be rather similar to Heavens Feel but without the source of all negative criticism.
So there would be more Servant battles, both Saber and Archer get their plots resolved and then we get HF's plot which resolves Rin's, Sakura's and Shirou's, Kotomine's and Zouken's case while also revealing everything that is to know about the Grail War.
Yep, that sounds like a pretty damn huge task to me, as well.
As such I have fears that it may end up horribly.
From practical aspect I support that they won't just make a direct adaptation of Heavens Feel.
HF relies too much on the previous routes and also contains certain things which you may not want to show on TV screens.
Plus consider the fact that it's been 10 years since the oriinal visual novel was made.
Diehard fans may want to see their favorite scenes animated but othr people may prefer something new.
So yeah, claiming the new FSN will be featuring a somewhat original plot was a good move.
It just means a lot of potential risks.
But well, Nasu claimed he directly works on the story so let us all be hopeful about it.
The change in character art may also signify that they're really doing an actual remake of FSN.
Not just an adaptation of one of the forgotten routes from the aging VN.
I want to believe that the result is going to be pretty amazing.
Well, we'll see it in 5 months.
Online Now

@paladin:

Animation studio ufotable's founder Hikaru Kondo announced last July that ufotable will produce a new Fate/stay night project. Kondo did not specify the format that the new project will take, nor did he specify if the project would be a remake.

There is not much information on what route the series be on after watching the trailers and reading ANN's news article. Pretty much, we can only speculate and wait. I do wish for them to do Heaven's Feel since they did Saber's route in Fate Stay Night and Rin's route in Unlimited Blade Works.

The anime series is announced for Fall 2014.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel