DVD/Blu-Ray Releases for April 15, 2014

Topic started by takashichea on April 17, 2014. Last post by takashichea 6 months, 1 week ago.
Post by takashichea (13,174 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Welcome everyone, it's a small week of releases. Out of the 4 series, I'm looking forward to From the New World (Shin Sekai Yori). I didn't know it had a English dub. I'm curious about how the dub played out. For One Piece, I'm still waiting for them to reach Marineford, one of the best arcs in One Piece.

I would love to hear your recommendations on these series. All comments are welcome. Thank you.

Disclaimer: I'm just promoting the official release and the publishers. I'm not selling you anything. This is to combat piracy and get fans to support the official release.

Sources

Past Articles

DVD and Blu Ray Releases

Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent (Blu-Ray) and (DVD)
  • Distributor: Viz Media
  • Suggested retail price: $24.98 (Blu-Ray) $19.98 (DVD)

It's been a year since Griffith's imprisonment by the Kingdom of Midland. Once praised as the saviors of Midland, the Band of the Hawk is now on the run and on the brink of breaking apart. Much to everyone's surprise, Guts returns to the Hawks, and the search for Griffith begins!

Special Features: Production Art Gallery, Ending Theme, Japanese Trailer, Japanese TV Spots, Japanese Teaser. Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Nyaruko: Crawling with Love! - Season 1 Set [Premium Edition] (Sub. Blu-Ray)
  • Distributor: NIS America
  • Suggested retail price: $64.99

Mahiro Yasaka finds his quiet life thrown into chaos when he's attacked one night by a fearsome demon. Luckily for Mahiro, Nyaruko, the Crawling Chaos, has been sent by the Planetary Defense Agency to protect him. It turns out all of the creatures from Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos are in fact just aliens! Soon enough, Kuko, the Ravenous Chaos, and Hasuta, the Deity of Wind, have entwined themselves in Mahiro's life as well.

Follow Mahiro and gang as they fight for their lives, learn about love, discover intergalactic video games, and perhaps even save the world!

Contains episodes 1-12 plus a full-color artbook with episode guides, character info, and illustrations. Special Features: Clean Opening & Ending, Japanese Trailers. Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.

One Piece - Collection 9 (DVD)
  • Distributor: FUNimation Entertainment
  • Suggested retail price: $34.98

When Luffy and his mates drop anchor at the bizarre island of Long Ring Long Land, they're challenged to a Davy Back Fight by the fast-talking Foxy Pirates! The Straw Hats are no strangers to squabbles, but the sacred code of pirates decrees that this contest could cost Luffy his crew!

Next on the horizon for the Hats, it's a case of missing memories as everyone but Robin forgets they ever knew each other. Usopp is quick to claim the title of captain, and Zoro does the unthinkable by attacking Luffy! Can Robin recover the crew's lost recollections before disaster strikes?! She'd better work fast, because far greater foes lie ahead, and the Straw Hats will need all hands on deck if they hope to survive the return of Captain Foxy – and the icy arrival of Admiral Aokiji!

Contains episodes 206-229. Special Features: Episode Commentary (211, 215, 218, 229), Textless Opening & Closing Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers.

From the New World - Collection 1 (Blu-Ray) and (DVD)
  • Distributor: Sentai Filmworks
  • Suggested retail price: $69.98 (Blu-Ray) $59.98 (DVD)

Born into a world a thousand years in our future, Saki and her friends Satoru, Maria, Mamoru and Shun have lived their entire lives in what seems to be a perfect utopia. Not only is their small, idyllic community overflowing with clean rushing water and abundant green foliage, but almost all technology has been rendered irrelevant by the magical power of "Juryoku," the psychic ability to materialize anything one desires. But when Saki discovers a long-lost artifact from the past, the facade of their world is shattered and the cracks that split the foundation of their reality threaten to swallow them whole!

Faced with a bloody secret history of how their world really came to be and thrust into a nightmarish new paradigm, Saki and her companions are confronted with dangers they never knew existed and a series of choices that may change the fate of every intelligent creature on the planet - human and otherwise! S

pecial Features: Japanese Promos, Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation. Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel