Dubs or Subs?

Topic started by damswedon on Aug. 2, 2009. Last post by BraidyBunch 2 months, 1 week ago.
Post by damswedon (277 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Dubs
  • Subs
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
i was just wondering do you like dubs or subs.
whilst i prefer subs i always watch the dub first if its out.
Post by N15PCA (611 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Dub man all the way.  I don't hate subs mind you.  It's just that if it's in english I'm going to watch it in english.  Eng Dubs aren't has bad has say 10 to 15 years ago. 
Post by Sonata (35,402 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Hentai dubs makes my Ears bleed sometimes, so If have to watch a subbed version to keep my sanity when it comes to that lol.

But when it comes to normal anime I can do both.
Post by Blanche (3 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@N15PCA:
Seriously. Its just easier to watch it in English if its in English.
Post by ThePsychoGamer (1,835 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I used to watch subs, but duo to the fact that i'm a slow reader i had to pause the anime every 5 seconds, witch ruined the experience of action anime. i also notice that with dubbed i was able to notice smaller details (EX in a scene in Slayers i watch three times subbed, the first time watching it dubbed i noticed a character appeared in the background and started laughing his ass off) i'll probably start watching subs again eventually, but for now it's dubs
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
If the English dub is any good (Its easy to tell within the first episode what quality the dub is) then I'll watch the dub. If its crap, I'll go subs. 
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I usually prefer watching subs, some of the things said in anime just sound plain stupid in english, but that's just because of japanese culture in general I think. Plus I think it's kinda cool to watch stuff and hear japanese voices, I like japanese. Oh and obviously dubs are behind the original japanese aswell so by watching subs I can watch all the brand new stuff instead of having to wait.

There are some things I will watch dubbed though, like Dragon Ball Z for example, that stuff is fine. But I tried watching Bleach in english... no thanks.
Post by Niko_Bellic (377 posts) See mini bio Level 3
I prefer watching subs first, then dubs once they come out.
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
If I can I will usually watch the dubs first otherwise I will watch subs if the dub is not very good or if there is no dub for the anime yet.
Post by Revin (24 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Most underground anime that people try to dub ends up sounding awful... Like one example *NOT UNDERGROUND AT ALL BTW* Is "Keroro Gunsou". The Funimation dub was HORRIBLE.. Some are okay, like they did a great job with DBZ, but in my opinion, anime would be better with subs, not dubs...
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7

subs is better dubs sounds so stupid in some shows the mouth doesnt even match the words
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7

how do you make one of thoughs voting things i cant find out how to make one!
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@lordhaseo said:
"how do you make one of thoughs voting things i cant find out how to make one! "

good question dude
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Subs. And not just for anime, I rather hear the original voices in everything.  
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10

has to be Dubs. as an Irish anime fan growing up anytime anime was shown on tv it was always the dub so its just my natural way to watch. i have watched plenty of subs too though so i have nothing against them.
Post by N15PCA (611 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Blanche said:
" @N15PCA: Seriously. Its just easier to watch it in English if its in English. "
That was my point.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
subs, i have better eyes that ear or any other sensory organ in my body, so yeah subs make me able to even re-read the phrase
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I like the dubs if they are good. IMO Code Geass and Death Note did a great job on dubbing it and I still enjoyed watching them even though I knew what was going to happen.
Post by Dream (7,670 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I don't mind listening to both subs and dubs, just so long as the dub has decent enough voice acting and there is actual effort made into the roles performed.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel