Do you Download/Buy/Rent Anime or Manga?

Topic started by OkazukiIchigo on Jan. 2, 2009. Last post by ComradeCrash 5 years, 9 months ago.
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I usually download anime but in occasion I buy them. That also applies to purchasing manga rather than downloading the manga to the Adobe Reader.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Same as you ^^
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I'll download anything new coming from Japan or something that isn't out on dvd. If I like it, I wait (hopefully) for a released version and buy it. If it's out on dvd already, I'll rent it somewhere like Netflix and if I like it, then I'd probably purchase it.

The same goes with manga. I'll download it if it isn't out here and then buy it if I like it when it comes out. I may go to Borders to see if I like a series. If I'm intrigued, I buy the first few volumes. I'll continue buying it if I like the series.

I'll also borrow stuff from friends. Can't forget that.
Post by YoYo (36 posts) See mini bio Level 2
nearly always download mine, the crappy stuff out here in UK isnt worth it imo.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Download almost every anime except for a selected few and buy my manga.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
BUY.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
There's nothing like buying, then watching those anime DVDs in superb DVD quality ;)

...but of course, only to a select few I REALLY love such as Evangelion, Haruhi, Cowboy Bebop, etc.
Post by NDR008 (19 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Download, occasionally rent, and buy when it is out assuming it still has the original language and is not cut out (like the first DVD versions of Street Fighter The Animated Movie).
When possible, Blu-Ray ^^ (by possible I don't mean just available - but also having enough cash...)
Post by liksang (7 posts) See mini bio Level 1
YoYo said:
"nearly always download mine, the crappy stuff out here in UK isnt worth it imo."
If you live in the leicensing cluster Fuck that is the UK you have little choice but to download. alot of the popular anime and mangas still haven't been released in europe.
Post by kyoko_sensei (12 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Download and occasionally buy, but I am probably going to stream more now that there's so much available online that's legit and won't clog up my HD. Also I buy all my manga or get it via online book trades.
Post by Death_Flame (318 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Like most of the time i watch it on youtube, but sometimes they have anime that i actually like at big lots...
Post by Disco (364 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Death_Flame said:
" big lots..."
Ew

Youtube.
Post by deerpoob (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
My family isnt exaclty that "into" anime, i wouldnt really get a chance to watch it on DVD, and i have little money, so most of my watching takes place when im alone, on my laptop, so im usually streaming it off websites, however once i get into some money and my own place i would probebly buy some.
Post by observer77 (29 posts) See mini bio Level 3
youtube most of mine, buy if my partner and I both like it... I hate to watch alone
Post by GMan (282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
I was pretty stoked yesterday going to Borders.  They had all their mangas and graphic novels at buy one, get one half price.  Not a super great deal but still something.  I picked up the last three Death Note books and a Dragon Ball BIG edition.
Post by Sonata (35,519 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I mostly buy mine I get a pretty good DiscountXD
Post by Fubar (84 posts) See mini bio Level 5
iTunes or Borders.
Post by Qoheed (7 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I buy DvDs for the most part, and catch a few series that look interesting on Crunchyroll on occasion.
Post by ComradeCrash (152 posts) See mini bio Level 7
hazelnutman said:
"There's nothing like buying, then watching those anime DVDs in superb DVD quality ;)

...but of course, only to a select few I REALLY love such as Evangelion, Haruhi, Cowboy Bebop, etc."
I agree.  I just love watching anime on a bigger screen and better quality (Most times).  Also I am picky, if I really like the show I buy the box set.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel