Devil's Advocate Poll #4: The Horrors of Halloween

Topic started by Dream on Sept. 9, 2010. Last post by cfatalis 4 years ago.
Post by Dream (7,741 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Hell Girl
  • Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
  • Requiem from the Darkness
  • Pet Shop of Horrors
  • Umineko no Naku Koro ni
  • Mermaid Forest (TV version)
  • Kara no Kyoukai: Garden of Sinners
  • Ghost Stories (ADV dub)
  • Kaidan Restaurant
  • Aoi Bungaku Series
Post by Dream (7,741 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Quick explanation on the poll. Next month's Halloween, so decided to either laugh or scare myself silly with a horror/ suspense/ thriller title with these 10 titles well known in one form or another. Nine of these titles seem to be all about thrilling or shocking the audience while one I've heard has a ridiculously funny and offensive English dub having nothing to do with the original Japanese version of the show. As usual, you have three weeks to vote on a title you want me to watch and the one with the highest votes by October 1 will be the title I watch and review. In the case of Kara no Kyoukai since it's seven separate movies, I'll do separate reviews on each of them if folks vote for me to watch it. Otherwise, go ahead and choose what you want to see for the month of All Hollow's Eve.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I voted for Ghost stories soley because it is the ADV dub.

Maybe ya seen it, but for halloween I recommend Soul Eater.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Ghost stories is epic win. 
"Don't worry, I'm sure i live a long miserable life of heartbreak and alcoholism" 
" Don't be a geek
  Geeks Run the world!
   Yeah but their not getting their pepe's waxed now are they?" 
Post by macker33 (528 posts) See mini bio Level 11
The only one ive seen is hell girl and that was great.,ghost hunt wasnt on the list but that was enjoyable,perhaps too sedate for some people.i went hell girl anyway.
Bumping up this thread. Two weeks left to go in voting.
Yet another bumping of this thread. One week to go for voting.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,985 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
My vote's for Rin. I've seen it and I was surprised that I even own the DVD set because it's very horrific.
Toss in another bump. At the moment, I have a three way tie for horror titles between Rin, Hell Girl and Ghost Stories with 5 days to go before voting concludes. Anyone who wishes for me to see any of these titles or another one on the ballot has until this Friday to pitch their votes.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Rin is now in the lead! Thank yoooouuuuu!!! The shows is a total mindfuck that takes you on six 45 min rides. I rank this series up with Eva and Ergo Proxy with how crazy it is. Speaking of, why was Ergo Proxy not on the list?

Officially two days to go in this poll. Folks have until Friday to make their votes on what horror anime you want me to see.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
either Mnemosyne or Kara no Kyoukai
Today's the last day of voting for the Devil's Advocate poll. Anyone who wants to vote on what horror title for me to watch has until the end of the day to post their vote.
Voting time's up. The official winner of this poll is Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne. Time to get ready for the hooks and knives.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Dream said:
" Voting time's up. The official winner of this poll is Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne. Time to get ready for the hooks and knives. "
and lesbians
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel