Clannad Ending?? ***SPOILER ALERT***

Topic started by SEXYTRON on Nov. 5, 2010. Last post by UsachanMaN 3 years, 8 months ago.
Post by SEXYTRON (15 posts) See mini bio Level 16

So, yesterday I finished Season 2 of Clannad and I don't really get it. In the second to last episode, Tomoya is dating Nagisa and it seems this will continue. Then, suddenly, in the last episode he is dating that other girl (the one running for student council). Is it just like alternate endings? I have also heard of Clannad: After Story - does this continue the Tomoya/Nagisa thing instead?
Post by SEXYTRON (15 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Nevermind - I went back into Netflix and looked at the title of the episode - "Another World: Tomoya Story."
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@SEXYTRON: Yeah the clue is in the name of the episode "Another World: Tomoyo Chapter".

Don't worry, it's just an alternate storyline episode, there's at least one other episode. I highly recommend you carry on and watch after story, it's amazing.
Post by Rokujo (100 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I wanted a Kotomi alternate ending. =(

The Kyou one was pretty good though.
Post by Dream (7,196 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The Tomoyo Chapter is more of an extra treat for fans of the series by basing itself on one of the character routes from the game. It has no continuity with the TV series and if you wanted to, you could skip the whole thing and you wouldn't miss out on anything. Same with the Kyou Chapter following After Story. 

@Rokujo: Kotomi never had a romantic interest in Tomoya in the game. The events with her in the anime play out similarly to how they do in the game.
@Dream: Still, would have been a nice bonus. I always thought Kotomi's back story was the best. The amount of effort she puts in for Tomoya's sake as well made her much more deserving of him. Nagisa was just annoying.
Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Rokujo:  
Nagisa was so innocent....well i guess i would understand y u would think that she was annoying....but come on, her love story with tomoya was cute....u gotta admit it. 
Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Nagisa is an ideal wife, mother, and friend. I'm glad she survives the next time around.
AGREED! 
@UsachanMaN:   I did think some of it was cute, yes. It's always the frail girl who gets all of the attention though.  It annoyed me when it was all about Nagisa. Even when it was about Tomoya's problem, Nagisa would always collapse or something, making the focus shift back to her. That's why I'll always say the best arcs were the ones focused around Fuko and Kotomi.

Since I can't have my Kotomi ending though, I just see the Kyou ending as default now. Tsundere should always win the day.
@Rokujo:  
i respect your opinion......but i'm still a Nagisa - Tomoya fan :D  
i get what u mean about her being frail and stuff, it can get a bit cliche, but Nagisa didnt get all the attention though.  they did space out each character's story evenly. there was fuuko, kotomi, tomoyo, miyazawa, sunohara, yoshino, etc.  All of the character's stories were well-developed, in my opinion.  
they only got really into Nagisa and Tomoya's story by the end of After story, and it didnt even last that long.  
Just keep in mind that the title is Clannad, which is Irish for Family. i think the producers didnt want it mainly to be about romance. i think they wanted to point out how we are all just a big family (as corny as that sounds :P), and our lives are all intertwined. 
sorry for rambling, i'm just a really big clannad fan XD
@UsachanMaN:  It's cool. I'm a Clannad fan as well. I just preferred the other female characters to Nagisa, but hey, that's my opinion. I'll admit that the series did bring some tears to my eyes a few times. I wasn't so fond of After Story, but it was still quite good. I still think Angel Beats! was better though. You should give that a watch if you haven't already. =)
@Rokujo:  
its a truce then ;)  yup, i cried throughout after story XD 
ANGEL BEATS! i loved that show! yup i did watch it :D and its on my top 5 favourite anime list. Now that was as epic show!  Funny. Drama. Random. Sad, all tied up together XD   
You liked it too? AWESOME!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel