Celebs in anime.

Topic started by Sorantheman on Nov. 11, 2010. Last post by Gaff 3 years, 9 months ago.
Post by Sorantheman (105 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Have you ever seen a moment in an anime where a certain celeb has been showed or parodied? 
I would like the community of Anime Vice to share these moments where the big stars of the red carpet or the silver screen makes an appearance (or is parodied) in asian animation. 

I will start with a less known  example conserning the WWE: What you are about to see is a minor parody from Shaman King to Edge, Matt Hardy and Bubba Ray Dudley/Brother Ray.

Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Stan (Excelsior!) Lee is all over the Heroman anime for obvious reasons (he helped create the show).  

My Bride's T-800 will be back.
 My Bride's T-800 will be back.
I recently finished watching Seto no Hanayome (My Bride is a Mermaid) and one of the secondary characters is a parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminator character complete with similar catch phrases and movie scenes. 

Also, I know I've seen Keanu Reeves' Matrix character and spoofs of that movie in several anime.  These types of things turn up a lot in comedies but not always.     
  Another anime I saw recently, Inukami has a scene where the couple go to see a Bruce Willis fake movie.  I think it was Inulami, it might be a different series. Anyway, they say it is a Bruce Willis movie and the series shows scenes of (anime) him on screen at the theater.
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Tommy Lee Jones, Lucky Star episode 11.

I know what you're thinking, and I thought the same thing. Probably.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel