Cancelled Anime Aprecciation Thread (CAAT)

Topic started by Emandudeguyperson on Oct. 11, 2009. Last post by Dream 4 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Emandudeguyperson (182 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Let the appreciation of cancelled anime begin (this means pics, ramblings, opinions, etc). Please try to avoid Hentai, simply because most of it has been cancelled.
Oh crap, wrong forum, mods please move to "Just Anime"?
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Care to post a list of cancelled series to comment on them? I really can't remember a whole bunch of it. 
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Black_Rose said:
" Care to post a list of cancelled series to comment on them? I really can't remember a whole bunch of it.  "
Me to.
@Black_Rose said:
" Care to post a list of cancelled series to comment on them? I really can't remember a whole bunch of it.  "
I'll start. 

Hey you guys remember Shaman King? That show's premise was great and the story and characters really delivered! The 4Kids dub sucked though.
Isn't Shaman King still airing though? 
@Black_Rose said:
" Isn't Shaman King still airing though?  "
I thought it ended a while ago?
Oh wow, I was totally wrong, it eneded back in 02. It was the manga that finished recently.  

However, Shaman King aired two full seasons, it was never cancelled, the story just ended. 
@Black_Rose: Good point. My bad... 

Ermmm.... 

Hey do you guys remember Love Hina? That anime was so cute! I loved every episode of it, sucks that it was cancelled... 

Never forget.
Hey thanks for sharing guys :P
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Shaman king anime sucked, didnt stick to any of the manga story, the ending was terrible, Love hina was a great series

To Love Ru

The anime finished and they didnt even use half of the story from the manga, the last episode of the anime was like 1/4 of the manga
Post by lanaswift (636 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Wait, what? 

Define "cancelled." Cancelled from TV broadcast and DVD release in the US (a la Sailor Moon)? Cancelled from TV broadcast in Japan?  

To my knowledge Love Hina hasn't been cancelled. In fact, FUNimation just re-released Love Hina as a complete box set in February, and I think you can still get Bandai's box set used via Amazon. 
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Chengy: To Love Ru is supposed to be getting a second season.
Post by geraldthesloth (502 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Ultimate Muscle was great, It had so much good humor in it.
@JJOR64: Really? i didnt know that, thats brilliant then lol
Man this thread is epic fail so far, step it up!!!
@Emandudeguyperson: not like your contributing anything important >.>

@geraldthesloth: Ultimate muscle damm lol, the most epic thing on that programme was the rice with cow song lol so legendary, also when he fights the guy when he lands on earth and pretends to be a lost school girl hahah
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Well the thing is there very little show that are actually cancel. Since most show are for about 12 to 24 episode. Once it done, that it. Now, if you ask "why some anime did not have get a sequel", you will get the answer that you want for this topic.

The one that I know that was not finish is Victorian Romance Emma. OK, here to story. The first series was product but by the end, the studio did not have the budget to go on for the second season and end it on a sad note. Now, 2 years later, the studio finally made the second half of the show and concluded with a proper ending.
Post by geraldthesloth (502 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@Chengy: The stinkbug was my absolute favorite gag in the show

Watch 147-252..it's priceless "SMELL ME"
Post by Dream (7,093 posts) See mini bio Level 20
In the case of Love Hina, there was originally going to be a second season of the series for TV and one of the episodes was the OAV "special" featuring Motoko and Keitaro dealing with Motoko's sister. In one interview, Megumi Hayashibari even discussed her anticipation of her voicing Haruka during the part in the manga where she was rejecting the ring that Seta was trying to give to her.  But the studio that animated the series ran out of funds for the animation budget and were forced to cancel those plans. Rurouni Kenshin's TV series is another notable example as the series got forced into filler episodes following the Kyoto arc when it caught up with the manga storyline. The show's ratings dropped and while there were plans to animate the Jinchuu arc into the TV series, the series was canceled after 90+ episodes due to pummeling ratings.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel