Buso Renkin! Why?

Topic started by sceonn on Oct. 28, 2011. Last post by Destinyheroknight 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

This has got to be one of the most balanced Shounen of all times.

The main isn't that dumb or foolish/naive nor is the female lead the constant damsel in distress or the always bashing violent type. All the characters are solid with strong realistic motivations and the story is well paced. The "antagonist", or the closest thing to it in the story, as there isn't a truly main one is also very interesting.

Sometimes I founded myself rooting for Papillon throughout most of the episodes and Victor had every reason in the world to behave the way he did and his draining of life energy wasn't really his fault either. The abilities were also unique in their blending of both the scientific and fantasy elements.

I want to know, for those of you who've seen or know of the series, why is it so underrated?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@sceonn:

It not underrated (it have its own video game and an anime) it just seem like no one like to talk about it

Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Destinyheroknight: Not that many people know of it, we are few those of us who do. Also the shortness of the manga would also suggest that it wasn't that well received in japan right?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@sceonn:

The shortness mean two things

One: The creator wanted to have a short series

Two: It didn't did well

If a manga series get an anime, it means it doing well in Japan

I don't know why I don't talk LOL! (its good)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel