Anime you wish to see a remake of?

Topic started by KingOfAsh on Aug. 29, 2013. Last post by MarioRedfield 1 month, 2 weeks ago.
Post by KingOfAsh (1,391 posts) See mini bio Level 15

In recent years, a few classic anime titles have recieved remakes (eg. Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Evangelion, Berserk). Many animes have been popular, but suffered crap endings due to the manga not being done yet. So what animes do you feel deserve a remake?

Post by Dream (7,903 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Fruits Basket

His and Her Circumstances

Bastard

3x3 Eyes

Post by bigz007 (1,104 posts) See mini bio Level 20

A would like to see a remake of Death Note so that Light doesn't die or at least that he die with a little dignity.

Post by takashichea (13,187 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Anime series that suffers from manga not being complete

• Soul Eater
  • Blue Exorcist
  • Sket Dance
  • Beelzebub
  • Deadman Wonderland

Crap, there is a lot.

Fairy Tail's anime is continuing for those who don't know.

Post by Fusion_Squid (6 posts) See mini bio Level 5

I'd love to see a remake of "Angel Beats!" The anime was way too short and it had a lot of interesting characters we never really got to know. A 26-episode remake would be ideal.

An "Elfen Lied" remake would be awesome too. The anime just didn't live up to the manga storyline.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,391 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@bigz007 said:

A would like to see a remake of Death Note so that Light doesn't die or at least that he die with a little dignity.

That's how he died in the manga though (I've only read the manga, haven't seen the show)

Post by 5th (1,298 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Saint Seiya!

And I wanna see it done right! More action! Better animation, quality, etc!

But I highly doubt they're ever going to remake SS because of that shitty rip-off series Omega taking the platform.

Post by P3IN (330 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Claymore! I'd just love to see a remake where the ending isn't messed up.

Post by gtg12 (139 posts) See mini bio Level 8

For me, its Rurouni Kenshin. The battles were awesome and I liked the art from the show as well. It would be pretty cool if they remade the whole series and included the Jinchuu arc that ended the manga. I am aware that there was a movie/ episode that remade the Kyoto arc but I'm talking about a complete remake. I would like to keep the same voices in the new series as well.

Post by Kobra678 (3,348 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Death Note and Fate Stay/Night

Post by othus12 (7,318 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

remake?

toriko please. attack on titan guys...please do the proper animation toriko deserves.

Post by deadman323 (251 posts) See mini bio Level 12

i would like to see slam dunk remake

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,176 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I'd enjoy a remake of Dragon Ball Z, IF they had more leeway with battle. I don't mean filler. I just like to see what 3D art could do for it the show. While it is being remade, you can take out filler. That way it'll be less predictable to people who've read the manga, and watched the show dozens of times.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,203 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I've been wanting Soul Eater: Brotherhood (...title subject to change) for a long time. When I heard that Soul Eater Not was being turned into an anime I was confused as hell.

'Hey, let's turn an inferior, far less known series with 17 chapters to work with into an anime. Screw the original series that everyone wants to come back'. Honestly...

Post by nishi99 (1,784 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Gantz 100%. They would have at least a good 230 chapters of pure epicness, to work with before it got stale. Plus if they had the kind of budget Attack On Titan had, i could see it becoming the best selling anime in the world.

Post by taichokage (14,204 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Toriko, Bastard, and believe it or not DBZ. Can you imagine DBZ with Shingeki no Kyojin Animation?
Post by waybig1010101 (3,438 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Toriko but for the love of all that is pure in this world please don't let Toei Animation get their hands on the remake or any rights to anything toriko again.

Post by BraidyBunch (28 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Dragon Ball Z, because the animation for Rock Lee and Might Guy's action sequences are how Super Saiyans should looks like in battle.

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,534 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I really want to see these anime get a reboot.

Get Backers

School Rumble

Trigun

InuYasha ( I kind of want to see it go darker in some parts like the manga)

Post by Kobra678 (3,348 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Toriko definitely and Hellsing. The Ultimate version kinda turned me off with the 45 minute episodes.

@Whats_out_the_bag: kinda weird seeing you somewhere other than the battle section lol.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel