Anime you couldn't keep watching/walked away from

Topic started by N7_Normandy on Dec. 12, 2010. Last post by LuffyDUzumaki 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by N7_Normandy (36 posts) See mini bio Level 9
What are those anime that you simply couldn't bear to continue watching?   Furthermore, how soon after watching that anime did you stop?
 
Fruit Basket-Got through one episode, and couldn't take anymore.(Comedy is not my thing)
Ouran High School Host Club-got through about 10 minutes and turned it off(Once again, comedy is not my thing)
Queen's Blade-Got through 4 episodes, but couldn't continue.  The voice acting was horrific, the characters shallow, the fights subpar, and had way too much pointless fan service(I don't mind fan service, as long as it's not completely meaningless).  
Desert Punk-I stopped after about 3 episodes.  It had some decent action, but the sophomoric, irreverent humor was just deplorable(once again, humor is not my thing)
Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Soul eater- Black star was too annoying for me
Post by N7_Normandy (36 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@kashif1: I've yet to see it; is being annoyed by one character really grounds for you to abandon a show?
Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@n7_normandy said:
" @kashif1: I've yet to see it; is being annoyed by one character really grounds for you to abandon a show? "
a) It seems to be pretty good, Black Star aside
b)Not really, but i had yu yu hakusho and FMA to go through at the time and I'm going through one piece now, I have too little time and too many alternatives
Post by FrozenPeak (28 posts) See mini bio Level 6
dbz it just kept going on and on
Post by SSJjanemba (2,179 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@FrozenPeak:
haha you are funny
Post by Sonata (35,428 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator
Ladies vs Butlers is horrible.
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Most anime I don't finish. Did I ever say that I don't like anime but like to post on an anime wesbite? Yeah....
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,329 posts) See mini bio Level 12

DBZ
Post by sickVisionz (4,297 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Moderator
One Piece, Fairy Tale, Kaichou wa Maid-Sama, Shuffle.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,300 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I don't walk away from any anime, I'll watch it all the way through to the end
I watch Dragon Ball GT, Eiken!, Queen Blade, and Afro Samurai all the way, but I did want to die after I watch them
The only way I will drop an anime is if is so bad that it make my eyes bleed
Post by CodeSaint (269 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Gundam Seed Destiny 
Kannazuki no Miko 
B Gata H Kei 
Seiken no Blacksmith 
Katanagatari 
Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I tend to watch a whole series at once so there aren't too many I haven't pushed through to the end.  Like the OT, I haven't been able to get through Queen's Blade, and I am a shameless proponent to gratuitous fan service and nudity.  I've tried 2 or 3 times already, but I lose interest about 4 episodes into it.  I think it's because the characters themselves are so boring.  Other similar shows like Ladies vs Butlers, Seikirei, and Motto To Love Ru (if you seen it recently, you know it's 100% an ecchi show now) have characters and relationships that hold my attention and get me to care about them as shallow and stereotypical as they are.  Sure, the titles are one step from hentai, but they tell a story and create enjoyable personalties over the course of their series which I find entertaining.  Queen's Blade fell flat on that venture.  I'll probably try to get through it again someday, but not in the immediate future. 
 
The other one is my go-to answer; Girls Bravo.  I just despise the main protagonist so much I have a hard time watching the show. There are a plethora of similar characters in harem anime, but this one guy embodies every spineless trait in one visage.   I dislike some of the others, but this one I irritates me so much that I can't finish the show.  Again, I'll probably suck it up one day and force myself to see it all, but that will be after QB, so you see how likely that is to occur. 
Post by N7_Normandy (36 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@n7_normandy said:
" What are those anime that you simply couldn't bear to continue watching?   Furthermore, how soon after watching that anime did you stop?  Fruit Basket-Got through one episode, and couldn't take anymore.(Comedy is not my thing) Ouran High School Host Club-got through about 10 minutes and turned it off(Once again, comedy is not my thing) Queen's Blade-Got through 4 episodes, but couldn't continue.  The voice acting was horrific, the characters shallow, the fights subpar, and had way too much pointless fan service(I don't mind fan service, as long as it's not completely meaningless).   Desert Punk-I stopped after about 3 episodes.  It had some decent action, but the sophomoric, irreverent humor was just deplorable(once again, humor is not my thing) "
I recently revisited Fruits Basket and was able to get through it.  I was rolling my eyes about 90% of the time, but I finished it.  @PenguinDust said:
" I tend to watch a whole series at once so there aren't too many I haven't pushed through to the end.  Like the OT, I haven't been able to get through Queen's Blade, and I am a shameless proponent to gratuitous fan service and nudity.  I've tried 2 or 3 times already, but I lose interest about 4 episodes into it.  I think it's because the characters themselves are so boring.  Other similar shows like Ladies vs Butlers, Seikirei, and Motto To Love Ru (if you seen it recently, you know it's 100% an ecchi show now) have characters and relationships that hold my attention and get me to care about them as shallow and stereotypical as they are.  Sure, the titles are one step from hentai, but they tell a story and create enjoyable personalties over the course of their series which I find entertaining.  Queen's Blade fell flat on that venture.  I'll probably try to get through it again someday, but not in the immediate future. 
 
The other one is my go-to answer; Girls Bravo.  I just despise the main protagonist so much I have a hard time watching the show. There are a plethora of similar characters in harem anime, but this one guy embodies every spineless trait in one visage.   I dislike some of the others, but this one I irritates me so much that I can't finish the show.  Again, I'll probably suck it up one day and force myself to see it all, but that will be after QB, so you see how likely that is to occur.  "
I tried going through Queen's blade twice, but I simply couldn't bring myself to venture all the way through.  Let me say that although I don't necessarily watch anime for fanservice, I certainly don't mind its presence as long as it's accompanied by the other elements that make up a strong anime.  That said, Queen's blade is just abysmal.  The characters are so flat that it's impossible to muster up even the slightest tinge of any emotion(save possibly contempt) for them.      
Post by adoggz (210 posts) See mini bio Level 11
strike witches *shudder*
Post by AURON570 (572 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I see a trend... anyways here is what i've dropped:
 
Samurai Girls - ep1
Kissxsis - ep4
Queen's Blade - ep8
Seikon no Qwaser - ep1
To loveru - ep 2
Something Railgun - ep 1
 
Apparently some people actually like this stuff...
Post by Apollo (341 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@Sonata said:

" Ladies vs Butlers is horrible. "

I second that.
Aside from some Saiko antics, the entire series had no point. It had a relatively nice 1st episode though...too bad.
 
I generally don't abandon any series. Maybe I put them on hold but eventually watch it regardless(often in fast-forward:p)
Post by ShunketsuXZ (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Fairy Tail...sorry but it wasn't for me.
Post by Dream (7,747 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Moderator
Biggest case for me had to be FLCL. I recorded all six episodes on VHS back when they first aired on Adult Swim and I kept playing them obsessively until the tape eventually wore out. XD
Post by sickVisionz (4,297 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Moderator
@Dream: Isn't watching it obsessively the opposite of dropping it?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel