Anime to watch....

Topic started by crushing2012 on Feb. 12, 2013. Last post by kageyame 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by crushing2012 (36 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I have been watching anime for awhile now.. And have run out of new anime to watch... What I'm currently watching is Outlaw Star, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Wolf's Rain, Elemental Gelade, Witch Hunter Robin, Tokyo Underground, Kenichi the Mightiest Deciple, and Asu no Yoichi... But I have watched Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, Gundam Wing, Kaze no Stigma, and a lot more that I cant name off the top my head.. If I could get some suggestions on what to watch next I'd like that a lot.. I have no issues watching them in eng subs, and the only anime that i don't like is stuff like sailor moon, card capture sakura and the like...

Edit: I have also watched Air Gear... Cant believe I forgot that one...

Ok it would seem that I'm either being ignored or no one has any genuine idea's on what to watch next... So lets narrow it down a little... I have no issues watching anything that has action, comedy, thriller mixed in... that being said I still don't want to ever see Sailor Moon again or the like... So please if you had an idea just post it... Thank you

Post by sakurablossomyears (202 posts) See mini bio Level 9

If you watched Bleach, you need to watch Rurouni Kenshin if you haven't already! Also Soul Eater, Ao no Exorcist and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (If not the first one). Again if you haven't watched all those. Based on what you watched so far and what your looking for, those will work. Oh, Fairy Tail! You NEED to watch Fairy Tail! I really think you will like that! I watched Kaze no Stigma also, so maybe Buso Renkin will suit your taste also.

For some romance and action....InuYasha. But it seems as though your not the romance type :D I apologize if you have seen these already, but I would seriously recommend these to just about anyone. Oh you also seem new, so welcome!

Post by takashichea (12,438 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@sakurablossomyears: @crushing2012:

To add on her recommendations of Fairy Tail and Blue Exorcist, I recommend Rave Master. Though like Soul Eater, the anime has an abrupt ending.

If you don't go for plot and aim for comedy with a bit of action, Beelzebub is a good series until the later end where it also had an abrupt ending. Yeah, I don't know why I keep coming up with anime series with those types of endings.

Post by XxDoyleBoi (11 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I think this Guy would like to watch Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann, Code Geass and if he hasnt already One Piece i think that is spectacular

Post by katmic (397 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Ga rei Zero definately, fate/zero, Zetsuen no Tempest, sword art online, Btoom, kokoro connect...

Post by kageyame (27 posts) See mini bio Level 4

I second recommendation of Fate/Zero, also recommend the other type moon/ufotable effort that is Kara no Kyoukai

And for some slightly older stuff you should really try Samurai Champloo and Air Master (if you're going to watch airmaster let me tell you, the first 3 episodes are bad, but try not to skip them, the show improves absurdly after that).

Also, how to you feel about some more serious or drama anime? there are a couple like Twelve Kingdom, Kemono no Souja, they have way less action, but the plot more than makes up for it

And just because you said you don't want magical girls anime (like sailor moon and card captor sakura), here's a recommendation for you,

Post by katmic (397 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I have to say that i don't recommend samurai champloo. I tried it, dropped it, then heard so many good reviews about it that i forced my way through ten episodes,and i was no fan. As far as magical girl staff in concerned, i have heard that mahou shojo madoka magica is good. For older anime, i would absolutely recommend rourini kenshin: trust and betraya, ignore the reflections OVA though. Then there is gunslinger girls.

@katmic:Well, samurai Champloo is indeed hit or miss kind of show, but it's good to give the option.

Madoka Magica is very hit or miss as well, since it's a complete deconstruction of the magical girl theme, and the heavy atmosphere usually shy away most viewer (i for once didn't really liked)

Oh, and the recomendation for magical girl end up missing in my original post.

I would put Dai Mahou Touge for magical girl :D

@katmic:

I don't recommend Sword Art Online. It doesn't have a decent plot, and the relationships are all rushed with limited character growth.

@crushing2012:

If you're going to watch Sword Art Online, the first 12 episodes are good enough. After the SAO arc, it gets crappy.

WOW so many different anime I have yet to hear of.. and some that I have already seen... But thank you all for helping out this poor fellow. As an update to what anime ive seen... Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo ( : I too thought that it was a lost cause) Fate/ Stay Night, Tenchi Muyo (Universe, In Tokyo), Finished Sword Art Online and loved it, Gantz, Soul Eater, Air Master, Blue Exorcist, Buso Renkin, Inuyasha. And that is just a few that i can remember atm... Oh yeah what I was talking about when i said anime that is not like Sailor Moon and Card Capture Sakura... I have watched Maburaho, and Full Metal panic/ Fumoffu as well... and that is what I like when it comes to romance anime...

@crushing2012:

I agree that it wasnt the best anime out there, but since i havent seen much anime like it except .hack//sign to compare it too, but as for the character growth I disagree with you... The whole point of the anime is that you have kirito who is loner in all sense of the word... who gets stuck in a game and starts making connections with other people, and even finds the love of his life... But of course they could have done without the whole fairy thing...

My bad. I forgot about Kirito when I rushed that comment. Everyone else was left out. Thanks for reminding me.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,269 posts) See mini bio Level 14

A certain magical index, future diary, high school of the dead(beware of fanservice), yu yu hakusho(if you haven't seen it already), one piece, angel beats, clannad(beware of feelings), Darker than Black, 11 eyes, code geass, Fate/Stay Night, Death note, Inuyasha, The familiar of Zero, Dance in the Vampire bund(this is a real vampire story and not twilightish) Shukugan no shana, Black cat, Black Butler, Haruhi Suzumiya, Elfen Lied, Fairy tail, Ouran High School Host Club, Shaman King, Digimon, Toradora, Devil May Cry, Trigun, The world only God knows, Heaven's lost property, Hellsing, ZatchBell, Deadman Wonderland, Lovely Complex, Saint Seiya, The Count of Monte Cristo, Gantz, Kekkaishi, and This Ugly Yet Beautiful World.

@kageyame: Ok so I just watched the 1st 10 minutes of Dai mahou Touge... and I must say.... that it is absolutely horrible... but that is just my opinion.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@crushing2012: Tokyo Majin, Deadman Wonderland, Claymore, Needless, Kenichi, Demon Kind Daimao, Darker the BLACK for sure. I highly recommend these.

@crushing2012 said:

@kageyame: Ok so I just watched the 1st 10 minutes of Dai mahou Touge... and I must say.... that it is absolutely horrible... but that is just my opinion.

I said Dai Mahou Touge more of a joke, as it is an absurd take on the magical girl theme (on the vein of excel saga, puni puni poemi and others).

A real jugestion would be Mahou shoujo Lirical Nanoha (the first 10 or so episodes follow closelly the magical girl stereotype, but it changes greatly about a certain key event in the series).

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel