Anime that made you cry?

Topic started by Demons4life on July 3, 2010. Last post by sasuke0447 4 years ago.
Post by Demons4life (4 posts) See mini bio Level 5
So i was just wondering if you have watched any anime that made you cry. because i'll be honest I am newish to anime and i just finished Angel Beats and i cried. So just wondering.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Angel Beats is the first anime I cry at.
Post by nVision (114 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Clannad was the first one I remember that actually made me cry. Neon Genesis Evangelion got me damn close.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@nVision said:
" Clannad was the first one I remember that actually made me cry."
Same here.
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I cry from anime all the time.  Much much more than I do from Hollywood live-action movies.  Most recently, it would be Eureka Seven, although I think I might have gotten misty at one point during an exchange between masochist Saito and bratty Louise in The Familiar of Zero.  It doesn't take much for me to get emotional in a lot of anime once I become invested in the characters.  Hell, I had to go for a tissue on more that one occasion during One Piece and that's a comedy with very little romance.   I haven't seen Clanned yet, but I've run into enough comments to understand I'm going to need a moment to collect myself during the show.   

It kind of depends on the type of tragedy, too.  Someone dying is sad but won't usually move me to tears.  However, confessions of love or a call from the heart for aid will have me wiping tears from the corners of my eyes.   It's all very schmaltzy, I admit and a bit embarrassing.
Post by oldschool (7 posts) See mini bio Level 2
FullMetal Alchemist made me cry - a lot.  However, if we are talking first, then I may have to default to watching Kimba the White Lion back in the late 60s, or early 70s.  When the ship went down, and his mother drowned, well, I cried.  I was only about 8 years old at the time, but who am I kidding, I would probably cry again if I saw it again.
Post by godeater (2,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11
elfen lied D:
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I havent actully cried properly from anime. 

But the one which brought a tear to my eye would be Clannad. multiple times. 

Angel Beats didnt really do it for me, it had the feelings but it wasnt done well enough to the degree of say clannad.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@godeater said:
" elfen lied D: "
QFT

Other anime that i remember making me cry/feel sad
Ultimate muscle (one of the funniest anime ever, But it has some scenes i just found sad/depressing)
OP 
Rumbling hearts
This ugly yet beautiful world  
Pokemon The Movie, When ash died.
Air Tv
@rein said:
" @godeater said:
" elfen lied D: "
QFT  Other anime that i remember making me cry/feel sad Ultimate muscle (one of the funniest anime ever, But it has some scenes i just found sad/depressing) OP  Rumbling hearts This ugly yet beautiful world   Pokemon The Movie, When ash died. Air Tv "

I cried at the beautiful song....... 

With my rice I like to have some COW COW COW, it tastes so very good i dont know HOW HOW HOW, Its my favourite form of CHOW CHOW CHOW, wow wow EAT NOW. 

Beautiful
@Chengy: I Thought i would be one of the few people to remember it.   

@rein:
ahaha that song will always be in my heart :D, should listen to it in german, japanese, french ect. Its pretty funny
@Chengy: Kid muscle was one of the Most Gar Anime Characters ever.
DBGT ending made me cry
Post by Mermaidcove (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

It takes a lot to get me to cry (from watching an anime anyway). The only time I can think of is the final episode of Red Garden.  

Although if you're in the mood to cry your eyes out I suggest watching the movie Grave of the Fireflies. It's not a series, but I have never cried that much at anything else to date.
Post by macker33 (528 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Yeah,,what happened with ultimate muscle?,i used love that
Post by Takashi_Komuro (3 posts) See mini bio Level 1

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. 
Then we got Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. [R1 and R2]
Post by ngkachun1982 (10 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Nausicaa The Valley of the Wind 
One of the greatest OVA I have ever watched!
gundam seed,  
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,648 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Almost anything by Hayao Miyazaki (He always gets me, beardy I-pod hater bastard)
One Piece (Merry burial make me weep like a preschooler watching Toy Story 3, wait I cried in Toy Story 3 too) 
Casshern Sins (I cried a river) 
I have a childhood trauma with Grave of The fireflies (Iwatched it when I was 7 years old and I couldnt sleep for a week) 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel