Anime Peeves

Topic started by ohgodwhy on April 9, 2012. Last post by sickVisionz 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,532 posts) See mini bio Level 11

So I was just thinking what is it in animes that usually annoys me or makes me stop watching the anime altogether and I was wondering what annoys other people too.

For me it's quite a few things, to name but a few:

• Harem animes. They're usually all the same, same awkward male character being stalked by lots of perverse women.
  • Ecchi anime. Why would I watch a shounen anime that has ecchi in it!?! I prefer my anime to be shounen and have a slightly serious nature to it. If I wanted to watch some crappy hentai then I would do so. It's a shame a lot of anime these days seem to be going this way, I miss the 90s anime.
  • Deceptive anime. It really annoys me when I'm watching an anime that starts of funny and then all of a sudden does a complete 180 and becomes super serious. It should at least give some sort of a warning at the start. If I wanted to watch a serious anime then I would do so...

Yeah so rant over lol.

Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Series that never end or stretch on too long. Maybe this applies more to manga, but I like stories that have a pretty set arc to them and just complete. It's much more satisfying. One of the reasons I can never get into any of the really big shounen series is that they just stretch for so many volumes that I'd have to give up a portion of my life to go collect JUMP every week and read them. Some series have a lot of promise and just stretch on too long, like the latter half of Death Note.

I'd much rather read a 20 chapter series that tells a nice compact narrative and then concludes, instead of a battle manga that stretches on for years.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,532 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Yep I agree with that. Sometimes an anime could end at just the perfect time but drags on too much. For me a perfect example of that would be Bleach, imo it really should've ended after the Soul Society arc or fail that it should've ended when Aizen died.

Post by sickVisionz (4,262 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@ohgodwhy said:

Yep I agree with that. Sometimes an anime could end at just the perfect time but drags on too much. For me a perfect example of that would be Bleach, imo it really should've ended after the Soul Society arc or fail that it should've ended when Aizen died.

Ack, they wold have cut out the best animated fights and arguably the best arc if they stopped there.

Anyways, the real reason I came here was to say pick your poison and lock the thread.

Annoying Anime Tropes

The most annoying anime cliches in history

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel