Anime or Cartoons?

Topic started by Danielle07 on Feb. 25, 2011. Last post by wayintothe7thart 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:
" @ronat1 said:
" I agree with   Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto, and, if I had to decide between both I´d say anime, but still its a very hard question, since I have enjoyed many anime and american cartoons, the thing is that nowdays cartoons are not as good as they used to be, while anime keeps releasing really good stuff the whole time. "
As much as I'd like to agree with you, flip side applies as well. There are anime that're coming out that just aren't up to par with what they could've been (Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 being an example), whilst there are some great cartoons here that have been released in the past decade or so (one of my personal favs being Megas XLR, poking fun at video game culture, Jersey folk, mecha, aliens, and sci-fi in general). "
Well youre right with that (Haruhi Suzumiya´s second season really WAS a piece of crap), but even when you have bad show´s in both sides I found myself watching more anime than cartoons these days. There are good cartoon shows, thats for sure, but I think there is more good anime than good cartoons nowdays. 
Post by Zerakou (4 posts) See mini bio Level 4

I prefer anime. :P
Post by ssejllenrad (20 posts) See mini bio Level 5
For me:
Anime > Western Cartoons
Western Comics > Manga

Just my opinion.
Post by ComicMan24 (8,759 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I like both.
Post by xly15 (2 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I would have to say anime for continuity of story. I like a good story and most American cartoons just do not offer story. I know almost every episode of spongebob, but the show contradicts itself a lot. I'm not saying that anime does not do this as well, but it is a lot more rare for it to happen.
 There is also the fact that most American cartoons have characters that are really one dimensional because it is marketed towards children.
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

While i do like both Anime and American Cartoons, i prefer to watch Anime.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@ronat1 said:
" @Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:
" @ronat1 said:
" I agree with   Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto, and, if I had to decide between both I´d say anime, but still its a very hard question, since I have enjoyed many anime and american cartoons, the thing is that nowdays cartoons are not as good as they used to be, while anime keeps releasing really good stuff the whole time. "
As much as I'd like to agree with you, flip side applies as well. There are anime that're coming out that just aren't up to par with what they could've been (Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 being an example), whilst there are some great cartoons here that have been released in the past decade or so (one of my personal favs being Megas XLR, poking fun at video game culture, Jersey folk, mecha, aliens, and sci-fi in general). "
Well youre right with that (Haruhi Suzumiya´s second season really WAS a piece of crap), but even when you have bad show´s in both sides I found myself watching more anime than cartoons these days. There are good cartoon shows, thats for sure, but I think there is more good anime than good cartoons nowdays.  "
And as much as I'd like to agree with you there, flip side once more applies. I'm hearing all sorts of negative feedback from users and official review outlets alike on this one series called Queen's Blade. Fan service to the max? Count me out.
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,119 posts) See mini bio Level 12
They both offer different things. There a lot of things I like in both styles. But I prefer watching animé. Because the Japanese are crazy bastards!! :D
Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:

And as much as I'd like to agree with you there, flip side once more applies. I'm hearing all sorts of negative feedback from users and official review outlets alike on this one series called Queen's Blade. Fan service to the max? Count me out. "

I heard the same about Queen´s Blade, and its definitively NOT between my pending shows, a little fan service ain´t that bad, but too much ruins the show and usually means a brainless plot, which I hate in any anime or cartoon.    
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Yea way to not get a biased opinion on an ANIME website
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,119 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@mrassh0le said:
" Yea way to not get a biased opinion on an ANIME website "
That's a fair point.
Post by TheLegendaryOne (879 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I grew up on American Cartoons, so I like them much more.
Post by brent1999 (165 posts) See mini bio Level 15
actually i'm more comfortable on anime.. it's more fun and i dont know i'm just an anime addict

Post by wayintothe7thart (1,079 posts) See mini bio Level 9
90 percent of both sides suck.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel