Anime or Cartoons?

Topic started by Danielle07 on Feb. 25, 2011. Last post by wayintothe7thart 3 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Danielle07 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 5
watch anime its the best
Post by Hibaru (74 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Its a hard options....=___=;

Still Anime.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
depends
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Well, technically anime are cartoons.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
It all depends on whether we're talking about AMERICAN animation or JAPANESE animation. There's hit and misses on both sides of the pacific... but which one has a better success rate? THAT... is the question that SHOULD be asked.
Post by audio_defect (33 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: I agree whole heartedly.  
BUT in either case, I would still go with Anime.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Quality American cartoons are sorta rare. This is mainly due to the fact that the creators feel as though they can just slap anything together and call it a show because it is primarily marketed towards kids. (Not that we haven't made good shows, just that the success rate is much >>> in Japan.)
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19
In my opinion, Anime is more enjoyable to watch nowadays compared to cartoons that are on. Every now and then, there comes along a cartoon that is pretty good and warrants my respect, but in the end, I would still watch Anime over Cartoons every time.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,335 posts) See mini bio Level 12

anime
Post by SSJjanemba (2,439 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@mrassh0le said:
"anime "
Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10
In an overall I like both the same...... 
I think the person who started this whole damned thing should have phrased the question better- since "anime" and "cartoons" are one and the same, the question being posed SHOULD be- "American cartoons or Japanese cartoons", since the word 'anime' in and of itself is merely a shortened version of the word 'animēshon', which is the Romanization of the English-language word 'animation'. All I say now is this- think about what the user who started the topic is talking about before going upon a warpath. 

To reiterate my position on this, just read my earlier post above.
Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I agree with   Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto, and, if I had to decide between both I´d say anime, but still its a very hard question, since I have enjoyed many anime and american cartoons, the thing is that nowdays cartoons are not as good as they used to be, while anime keeps releasing really good stuff the whole time.
Post by UsachanMaN (4,659 posts) See mini bio Level 16
i think i sit on the fence :D there are both amazing anime out there, and there are also cartoons that are just epic  classics. so for me, i like both anime and cartoons the same :D
Post by tacosRcool (19 posts) See mini bio Level 7
anime > cartoons
Post by sergio (85 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Actually Anime is cartoon so it depends on what you like
Post by erzein_scarket (5 posts) See mini bio Level 3
for me anime rules
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Both

@ronat1 said:
" I agree with   Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto, and, if I had to decide between both I´d say anime, but still its a very hard question, since I have enjoyed many anime and american cartoons, the thing is that nowdays cartoons are not as good as they used to be, while anime keeps releasing really good stuff the whole time. "
As much as I'd like to agree with you, flip side applies as well. There are anime that're coming out that just aren't up to par with what they could've been (Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 being an example), whilst there are some great cartoons here that have been released in the past decade or so (one of my personal favs being Megas XLR, poking fun at video game culture, Jersey folk, mecha, aliens, and sci-fi in general).
Post by takashichea (14,454 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
Good cartoons: Danny Phantom, Powerpuff Girls, Xiaolin Showdown (I think it's cartoon), Justice League and Unlimited, Spider-man (theme song goes like this "radioactive spider blood"), Samurai Jack, Johnny Bravo, and many others. I will admit I like Spongebob when I was in middle school.

Although I grew up with watching cartoons on TV, I just slowly drift away from cartoons and end up watching anime 95% of the time. [I sacrificed cable for the internet. It's a family decision.]
I going with both because those cartoons are so nostalgic.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel