Anime movies

Topic started by Exillion on Feb. 25, 2009. Last post by N15PCA 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Exillion (103 posts) See mini bio Level 3
I have stopped watching anime simple because i have lost faith in anime. I'm a lover of manga then anything else. But anyone have any good recommended movies to watch to get back my faith lost?
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Paprika
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Exillion said:
"I have stopped watching anime simple because i have lost faith in anime. I'm a lover of manga then anything else. But anyone have any good recommended movies to watch to get back my faith lost?
"
Why did you lose faith in anime, if you can say? I ask because knowing that may influence the recommendations one gives. I can't recommend any movies, because I pretty much don't watch anime movies anymore (except if they are based on / part of a series)... but perhaps others could...
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'll second Paprika, and add in Tokyo Godfathers; both are by Satoshi Kon, who's a master. Paprika leans closer to sci-fi/fantasy, while Tokyo Godfathers is more realistic, but both are very whimsical. Fantastic stuff.

For non-Kon (heh) works, try The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Fantastic stuff.
interesting. i'll look into it.

jlrm01 said:
"Exillion said:
"I have stopped watching anime simple because i have lost faith in anime. I'm a lover of manga then anything else. But anyone have any good recommended movies to watch to get back my faith lost?
"
Why did you lose faith in anime, if you can say? I ask because knowing that may influence the recommendations one gives. I can't recommend any movies, because I pretty much don't watch anime movies anymore (except if they are based on / part of a series)... but perhaps others could...
"

I don't have any answers to that question. lol

Also, anything action/drama anime movies you guys recommend?
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Princess Mononoke
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Anything Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle), the two Ghost in the Shell movies and Tokyo Godfathers.
Post by yorro (41 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Lost faith? nah your just watching the wrong Anime. 

You want drama/action? watch Sword of the Stranger, this movie should get you back on track. Sword of the Stranger is full of action, drama, great story, an epic ending, and samurai.

Referring to the recommendation of others and not myself: Princess Mononoke is a great anime but it's kinda old but is has great action/story/drama, Spirited Away is a drama orriented anime and so is Tokyo Godfathers, Ghost in the Shell movie is a great anime but too complex due to philosopical attributes.
Sword of the Stranger - amazing f*cking movie! Thanks for the recc'
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Akira is a classic. Sci-fi action I believe and my friend said it was awesome I haven't watched it yet though since it's shipping to me in the mail. I'd recommend the Shakugan no Shana movie if you are interested in fantasy action with swords and "magic". Lolis who wield swords ftw.

Post by N15PCA (611 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Patlabor : the Movie 2.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel