anime hate

Topic started by Lemegeton300 on Dec. 8, 2008. Last post by observer77 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by MasturbatingBear (118 posts) See mini bio Level 6
don't bother me that much when people watch anime. Ill let them do it. It has nothing to do with me what they do so why complain about them watching a tv show?
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I think it depends on who says they don't like anime. If it's someone I don't know or barely know, I won't care.  I'll just make fun of them back for something else because I am childish.

If it's a good friend of mine, then I will rant my butt off and then show them something to prove them wrong (usually something that caters to their interests) and them ~BAM~ I change their mind.

For AP English class, I wrote an essay about anime and cosplaying. I got an A on that paper and my teacher left a comment saying how it was interesting to learn the other side of the story. He wasn't a fan of anime either so I think I can rant pretty good.
Post by Strayed (38 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Where I live, most people actually seem pretty tolerant of anime and manga. In fact, a lot of people like it.

It's the people who watch it and then pretend to act it out at school who get trashed. Seriously....there's people at my school who take up the computers to watch episodes on youtube, yell out and mime what's going on. It's incredibly disturbing.
Post by GlareMaverick11987 (88 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Strayed said:
"Where I live, most people actually seem pretty tolerant of anime and manga. In fact, a lot of people like it.

It's the people who watch it and then pretend to act it out at school who get trashed. Seriously....there's people at my school who take up the computers to watch episodes on youtube, yell out and mime what's going on. It's incredibly disturbing."
I concur with this post.That is what I don't like about being a fan of anime...because people think you are like the other people who watch it by association.
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
GlareMaverick11987 said:
"Strayed said:
"Where I live, most people actually seem pretty tolerant of anime and manga. In fact, a lot of people like it.

It's the people who watch it and then pretend to act it out at school who get trashed. Seriously....there's people at my school who take up the computers to watch episodes on youtube, yell out and mime what's going on. It's incredibly disturbing."
I concur with this post.That is what I don't like about being a fan of anime...because people think you are like the other people who watch it by association."
yeah thats one of my biggest pet hates too.
my brother is the one that really gets on my nerves with the anime hate. in his mind if its a cartoon then its for kids, he is so close-minded.
Post by yorro (41 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Anime for kids? So decapitation, blood, screams, and mangled limbs is for kids?

If you defend Anime, you may look like an Anime freak to them. Just ask them what Animes they know that makes it for Kids, then educate.
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Slinger said:
"Zenaxzd said:
"She then goes and watches recess on TV after I replace her at the job. -_-"
Recess?

I liked that show. Ten years ago when I was a kid."
ten years ago I was a kid, but I still didnt like that show
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I don't really pay attention to other people's thought about things i like, if they don't like it then fine, i'm not going to make them change their mind nor will they change mine.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Call them Xenophobic, that usually works
Post by observer77 (29 posts) See mini bio Level 3
My boyfriend didn't like anime and told me I was stupid for watching it I simple told him like I tell anyone who tries to hate anime is for everyoneI bet I can find even if it is just one that even you will enjoy watching nad fall completely in love with and then I will be wanting an apology...and I do/did,,,and I get/got my apology : )
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel