Ani-Crap Review #8- Isshoni Sleeping: Sleeping with Hinako

Topic started by Dream on Aug. 30, 2012. Last post by SilverGalford 2 years ago.
Post by Dream (7,903 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Before I start this review, I want to give thanks to Wraith for pointing out some relevant information for me during voting revolving around the premise for Sleeping with Hinako. Otherwise, here we go with this quick review. 

Isshoni Sleeping: Sleeping with Hinako is the second of a series of three OAV titles released by Primastea on February 11, 2010 that involve an otaku pandering premise revolving around its titular female character, Hinako.

This is all you see for much of the first half if you got a fansub!
      This is all you see for much of the first half if you got a fansub!

The Plot

Hinako is back to teach you, the viewer, how to sleep! Seriously, this is all there is for the premise.

Notable Character

Hinako- A former hikikomori who turns into a busty and attractive anime character. This motivates her into wanting to encourage otaku to get into shape. She loves exercising, bathing and sleeping; as well as dressing in lingerie and school gym outfits. 

Why It Sucks

Sleeping with Hinako is another of many anime titles made in the 2009-2010 period whose sole purpose of existence is only to pander to the otaku crowd.

This OAV is notable in the fact that you can actually program the DVD or Blu-Ray disc of it (if you actually have it instead of a fansub) to let you sleep for 6 or 8 hour intervals and adjust it accordingly depending on one’s sleeping habits. The disc then randomizes different animated footage from the disc accordingly to create the illusion of Hinako  sleeping along with you and it would then wake you up via alarm once the amount of time set is up.

One of many obligatory ass shots as Hinako sleeps.   
   One of many obligatory ass shots as Hinako sleeps.   

Sleeping with Hinako features the typical elements you would find in an otaku pandering work with Hinako being your cute, naïve and well-endowed gal who you regularly get to see enough boob and panty shots with throughout the title. With the gimmick offered through this OAV, there is hardly any type of plot to be found in it, outside of Hinako’s occasional interactions with the viewer. The anime quite often reuses animated frames to go along with the different shots that are randomized when set up for sleep.

If you did wind up getting the fansub for Sleeping with Hinako, then it makes watching the OAV rather boring as much of the first half of it only features different shots of a sleeping Hinako that would be cycled through on disc releases of it, followed by the title’s “special events” and three different endings.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Why was this made? Every time I see these shows, it make me want to cry. (also I bet it cost an arm and leg in Japan)

Well at lease they didn't make an anime series out of this

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,237 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Having a sort of anime girl themed alarm clock is fine, I guess, but setting your TV and DVD player up to create the illusion of sleeping alongside an anime girl?...

...I think this is just one of those times where you simply have to say "this wasn't made for me" and move on.

Post by Donwun (123 posts) See mini bio Level 12

wow i thought i'd seen it all...but this is just...i dunno...a mixture of pointless and perverse.....crazyness mane

Post by Wraith (188 posts) See mini bio Level 17

man otaku in Japan are willing to buy anything with a cute anime girl in/on it

Thanks for the name drop

Post by takashichea (13,206 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I try a clip of it on Youtube. It was over 40 minutes long.

My god, I never seen such a ridiculous anime show.

Edit:

She fell off the bed. That was the only funny part.

Post by Dream (7,903 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@takashichea: That is actually the entire OVA of the series.
Post by Sonata (35,516 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Wraith said:

man otaku in Japan are willing to buy anything with a cute anime girl in/on it

Thanks for the name drop

Their lonely very very lonely. 
Their lonely very very lonely. 
Post by takashichea (13,206 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Sonata:

Viola! I beat you.

Not to take this thread off tangent.

@Dream:

Wow, I can't believe that was all of it and that I watched that dirty show.

Post by Sonata (35,516 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@takashichea: I wouldnt mind that Rin and Saber poster in the top right pic.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

i have more chances to be a comic writer if people continue making these kind of shows , seriously,and i cannot believe people can spend their money and time on this. LOL

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel