Ani-Crap Poll #21

Topic started by Dream on May 9, 2013. Last post by Dream 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,609 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Previous Reviews:

With twenty reviews in for Ani-Crap, time to move onto the next list with some surprising titles added on:

1. Evangelion 3.0: You Can Not Redo
  2. Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
  3. Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc
  4. Genocyber
  5. Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere
  6. Ikki Tousen
  7. Kampfer
  8. Knights of Ramune
  9. Kamisama Dolls
  10. Pilot Candidate

Before anyone feels the urge to whack me for some of the titles I've added on, I guess some explanation is in order for some of the stuff I've listed. For the past 20 reviews, I've covered pretty much the regular stuff you could expect to get ripped apart for a crappy anime title:

• Anime adaptations of video games
  • Duds from notable studios or figures in anime.
  • Ecchi/ moe-pandering titles.
  • Old-school violent romp fests.

As much fun as it is to rip apart these elements to the medium we all know and love, it does get tiresome after a while. So to "spice" things up and add a little more diversity to what I cover, I've decided to start adding on some titles that have gotten mixed to average reception from anime fans that I would cover similar to how I covered a couple past titles that weren't truly duds from my personal viewing of them. I'll still add on some notable anime duds to the polls for those interested in me doing my usual ripping apart of them. But I'm also gonna incorporate titles of mixed reception to the poll now so I can get a good sense of what makes them tick and see why folks would either hate them or feel indifferent towards them.

Otherwise, voting rules and deadlines will still be the same as they have been. You get two weeks to vote on which of these titles you would want me to cover for my next review, meaning May 24 will be the deadline of the next title you want me to cover. So have fun and pick whatever you'd like me to either critique or rip apart.

Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Oh come on! Kamisama Dolls wasn't that bad!

I vote for Pilot Candidate.

Online Now

@DocHaus: Read my opening post. I didn't hear of Kamisama Dolls being bad. I heard reception was mixed at best for it, hence my addition of it.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Well, if I could suffer though Kampfer, then you certainly can as well. Kampfer is my pick. It had potential to be awesome if it was executed in the right way both plot and story-wise, but unfortunately it tanked due to one of the dumbest male lead characters of all time, overuse of ecchi-based moments, and a weak, faltering story (which took what the manga did decently and warped it into a train wreck of a story). I still can't believe that I actually watched this in 2009 (along with KanoKon, back when I was hopelessly into ecchi-based shows).

Natsuru saves the girl of his dreams...only to realize that she likes the female form that he takes as a Kampfer!
Natsuru saves the girl of his dreams...only to realize that she likes the female form that he takes as a Kampfer!
Post by ShrimpDino (77 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I vote for Genocyber

Post by Yuno_Shiki (95 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Gonna mirror Shadow Knight's vote for Kampfur... I happened to read part of the manga as well and as he noted... the series had great potential but the anime adaptation completely screwed up on that

Post by Acura_Max (2,335 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

Bump up for a quick update. Kampfer currently has lead with two votes followed by Genocyber, Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc and Pilot Candidate tied for second. Still have a week and a half left for voting.

Post by takashichea (12,255 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Oh yeah, Kampfer is that show with the boy transforming into a girl. I vote for that one. I need to watch it.

Post by Sonata (35,383 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Voltage Fighter is still the worst one on this list.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,271 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Kampfer

Online Now

Bumping up for a vote update. Kampfer still has lead with four votes with a four-way tie at a single vote each for second place with Genocyber, Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc, Pilot Candidate and Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer. Have a week left to vote.

Online Now

Another bump-up. Three days left to go for voting and results are still the same.

Post by cynically_happy (115 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I'll throw my hat in the ring for Kampfer.

Online Now

Well seeing as I don't picture any kind of comeback coming, I suppose I'll axe voting early and declare Kampfer the title I'll watch for my next Ani-Crap review. I am gonna be fairly busy the next couple days since we're still in the middle of the work week. So don't expect any review of the series from me until at least Saturday.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel