Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation Anime Discussion

Topic started by takashichea on Oct. 7, 2012. Last post by takashichea 8 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by rubberluffy (596 posts) See mini bio Level 16

It's a real shame this isn't up in any official capacity just so Tom could do a W&L for it. I wonder if he'd get a kick out of how ridiculous it all is. Damn you Araki for making a brilliant series that is also a copyright minefield.

I hate to double post but dammit it's been 3 weeks without a post and Part 2 - Battle Tendency started yesterday and the episode was BRILLIANT. Sugita is great, the machine gun scene was awesome, the music is super energetic as is the new color schemes.

Post by takashichea (14,336 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@rubberluffy:

I still haven't watch the show, but I'll help you break the post so you can continue the discussion. I'm stuck at Btooom anime discussion because I'm at two posts.

Unrelated to the anime but I've been reading the manga and I'm 1/3rd of the way through Part 6 - Stone Ocean, and that shit is CRAZY.  So far Part 4 has been my favorite because it's very Persona 4-ish (a possible inspiration for the game?).  Super eager to get to Part 7 - Steel Ball Run, skimmed through the early volumes to get a glimpse and damn the art looked amazing.  Reading all this in a short span is really amazing to see just how much Araki's art has evolved.

@takashichea
I really think the lack of legit streaming is hurting non-JP viewership of the show.  It's a real shame.  All the other forums I read for JJBA discussions have been super positive (with episode 10 being almost unanimously loved).  You need to get to watching it, dammit.  Episode 10 is probably better than 1-9 combined.  I haven't been into an anime like this since FMA:B and to a lesser extent the new Hunter x Hunter (which is still really great).
Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

If you loved part 4 you're certainly gonna love part 6. Stone Ocean is my favorite part followed by part 4, I'm currently reading part 7, and thus far has been awesome too.

As for episode 10 was once more a great adaptation, the voice couldn't be better, it helps because how awesome of a Character Joseph is. The only problem i got with episode 10 was that i didn't see the new OP yet but i hope to correct that flaw with the next episode.

@shels
Yeah they did the same thing they did with episode 1 and left out the opening.  Which is totally fine, that's 1 min 30 sec more Joseph introduction,  Opening comes in next episode and they've already released some screenshots of it.  Looks ~*fabulous*~

@rubberluffy:

I do agree this series needs legal streaming. The other anime discussion thread on Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! doesn't have legal streaming, I think. I need to try that one to give one final push for any fans in this community.

Whenever you get stuck here, tell me. I'll be glad to bump the discussion. It's good to you and gang giving this thread some love.

New opening has some absolute fabulous visuals and I really like the song. Ugh, I need episode 11 right now. Waiting for the raw and then the sub is painful.

Here's a NicoNico (req membership) link in case YT takes the vid down.

I prefer the first opening, but this one is pretty damn awesome too, i don't even know how many times have i watched it, can't wait for the appearances of Lisa Lisa and Caesar :)

Also was pretty neat of them to put in the OP that "family portrait", Suzy Q, the later Stroheim appearance and the two Lisa Lisa servants( can't remember their names)

As for the episode, it was very good and the animation quality and consistency seems to be improved since the first part, expecting some awesome battle animation coming.

No posts in over a month depresses me. Episode 16 was great. Probably the worst animated episode so far, but some of the best cap-able still shots were in it. Like this Lisa Lisa shot

LL you so pretty
LL you so pretty

Also buzz across the web is that numerous places sold out of the newly released Volume 1 Bluray (eps 1-3), including Amazon JP which put up a "Temporarily unavailable" for it.

Have you gotten around to watching this?

@rubberluffy:

I haven't watched the first episode yet since I'm busy with wiki editing and school. I'll try this weekend.

Oh did you check out the AV MOD MATERIAL: Winter 2013 Anime Preview? That project took my teammates and me a long time to complete.

@takashichea:

@shels:

2 months without a post in this thread is pretty sad. Last episode airs in a little over 12 hours. I'd normally watch it (in TERRIBLE quality) on Keyhole but I'm not gonna be home. I'm gonna do a blackout on the various forums I read until I can actually see it, because if there's a Part 3/season 2 teaser in it, I want to be surprised.

There have been rumour around the web of a 3 part adaptation even fake images to back it up but i'm not very confident in it, at least for now.

By the way the last episode was amazing, one of the bests this year

@rubberluffy:

Sorry dude, I haven't had much chance due to school and wiki work. I should have kept promoting the discussion threads via Twitter and other social networking methods.

Thanks for being Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's representative. I don't know if you watch one of the Vice Pit episodes. In one of the episodes (I can't remember), Tom says that he couldn't review Jojo's Bizarre Adventure despite the massive community's response. Like you said a while back, the series isn't legally streamed, and Tom and his crew can't review it.

@takashichea said:

@rubberluffy:

Sorry dude, I haven't had much chance due to school and wiki work. I should have kept promoting the discussion threads via Twitter and other social networking methods.

Thanks for being Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's representative. I don't know if you watch one of the Vice Pit episodes. In one of the episodes (I can't remember), Tom says that he couldn't review Jojo's Bizarre Adventure despite the massive community's response. Like you said a while back, the series isn't legally streamed, and Tom and his crew can't review it.

It's no big deal. I know AV doesn't get a whole lot of web traffic. I've been filling my JoJo discussion thirsts by reading MAL, Neogaf and Something Awful threads (tons of positivity towards it on all those sites!).

Yeah I know, it's a real shame. If I was swimming in money, I'd import the Blurays myself and just mail them to him (they have actual not-terrible English subs). The discussion thread would probably be more active if Tom had done some writeups, but alas, who knows if we'll see JoJo licensed?

Watched the raw of 26. The last few minutes...oh god my heart. I feel so good. David Production why are you wasting our time on Neptunia?

@shels: @rubberluffy:

The final episode of David Production's television anime adaptation of Hirohiko Araki's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga ended on Saturday with teaser footage (pictured at right) of Jōtarō Kūjō, the protagonist of the manga's third part, titled Stardust Crusaders. David Production has not yet officially announced that it is producing more anime based on Araki's manga.

The 26-episode anime, which premiered in October, covered both Part 1: Phantom Blood and Part 2: Battle Tendency of Araki's original magna. Part 2 is set 49 years after the first part and stars Joseph Joestar, the grandson of the first part's protagonist Jonathan Joestar.

The last half of the manga's Part 3 already inspired an original anime video project in 1993, followed by an adaptation of the first half in 2000.

ANN

If they green light this adaptation i don't see it happening before Fall at least. If it happens i hope this gets a part 3-6 Adaptation.

@shels said:

If they green light this adaptation i don't see it happening before Fall at least. If it happens i hope this gets a part 3-6 Adaptation.

Yeah Neptunia is airing this summer, and there's no way David Prod. could do two series at a time. I'm pulling for 4 and 6 the most, but a proper adaptation of 3 has to happen. The Bluray/DVD sales have been exceptional, second place for fall season, with combined sales breaking 15k for each of the 3 volumes released. Volume 1 came out with 19k its first week, adding another 5k the second week. Japan's love for Part 3 and Jotaro could probably break those sales. I'm also eager to see how the first Battle Tendency volume does at the end of the month. I bet it's gonna be beat out any of the first 3 volumes.

The voice cast for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders was announced this weekend at Jump Festa 2014 in Makuhari Messe in a stage event featuring the earlier anime Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar), Tomokazu Sugita (Joseph Joestar), Yoji Ueda (Robert E.O. Speedwagon), and the 1st OP song singer Hiroaki "Tommy" Tominaga ("JoJo ~Sono Chi no Sadame~"). Along with this, there was a new promo for the spring.

• Jotaro Kujo : Daisuke Ono (Juurouta Kosugi in earllier OVA)
  • Jonathan Joestar: Unsho Ishizuka (Chikao Ohtsuka in OVA), Tomokazu Sugita in All Star Battle and earlier seasons of anime)
  • Avdol: Kenta Miyake (Kiyoshi Kobayashi in OVA, Masashi Ebara in All Star Battle )
  • Kakyoin: Daisuke Hirakawa (Hirotaka Suzuoki in OVA, Kōji Yusa in All Star Battle)
  • Polnareff: Fuminori Komatsu (Katsuji Mori in OVA, Hiroaki Hirata in All Star Battle)

Stardust Crusaders, the only of the series' eight parts to be released in English, was previously adapted into two OVA series in 1993 and 2000. The horror/travelogue introduces super powered alter egos called stands, which became a pillar of the franchise going forward as it follows brilliant delinquent Jotaro Kujo's search for the vampire Dio Brando.

The anime production staff

• Director: Naokatsu Tsuda
  • Series Director: Kenichi Suzuki
  • Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi
  • Character design: Masahiko Komino
  • Animation Production: David Production

DIO: Takehito Koyasu (Nobuo Tanaka in OVA)

Post by phantomrant (1,498 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Gonna come out sometime in April.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel