Soccer RPG Inazuma Eleven Scores a New Game

Topic started by John_Martone on Feb. 15, 2010. Last post by lanaswift 4 years, 4 months ago.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I'll resist the urge to start making soccer puns so lets try making this fast. Inazuma Eleven, the hard, fast, adorable Video Game/Anime about little kids who take their soccer super seriously, is about to get another crack at the Nintendo DS. The third in the line, Level 5 (Dark Cloud, WKC, Professor Layton) will try and find a way to improve on the formula, and incorporate the latest plot lines from the anime.

This actually comes hot on the news that Inazuma Eleven's anime has been renewed for another season, so I guess they have to be doing something right.

For your knowledge: Quick discussions over Inazuma Eleven led to a few questions. Namely, which came first, the Anime or the game. Well, it turns out everyone was wrong. The anime and DS game debuted on the exact same day (August 22, 2008.) Anyways. Except goals and goalies this summer, but check out this trailer for the original to get an idea of what to expect.

(Via Kotaku)
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I haven't heard a lot about this show from the anime fan corner, but I wonder if it wouldn't do well in the US. We like soccer. Not as much as (American) football, but hey.
Post by AleM (38 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Well, football (soccer for our american friends =P) is football and, with the world cup coming, I wouldn't be surprised to see companies investing in anything related to this awesome sport.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
I played the DS game and really like it, I need to watch the anime now.
Post by lanaswift (636 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@AleM: That's a good point. Maybe we'll get to see this on some Saturday morning cartoon block.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel