is it just me or has ichigo gotten weaker?

Topic started by ninjadude853 on May 28, 2010. Last post by Ichigo01 3 years, 11 months ago.
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
The release of the last chapter (405) has gotten me thinking of a question that's been on the back of my head for a long time, has ichigo gotten weaker?
Even the chapter itself mentions this 
And i'm pretty sure he has!
With all the power his bankai and hollow-fication gave him, he should have been able to kick Grimmjow's ass with no problem at all, my reasoning being that Kenpachi was able to take down Nnoitorra, but Ichigo had so much trouble with the guy one rank lower than Nnoitorra DESPITE all the power-ups he's gotten since fighting Kenpachi

Am i the only one who's thinking this?
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,703 posts) See mini bio Level 20
i don know why he wont go h2 already
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I believe that Ichigo is afraid of his hollow powers
Post by Kraken (70 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@ninjadude853:  Firstly Gin say's he was much scarier back then, not weaker. Ichigo seems to have lost a little confidence if you ask me, you have  to remember he's currently fighting a captain who is considered a genius. Ichigo taking on Kenpachi was PIS, Ichigo forcing Byakuya to a draw was PIS to show his potential spirit power and his bankai. In a real fight Kenpachi would have owned Ichigo, Ichigo vs Grimmjow was an even fight, and at the time both were incredibly close in terms of power and abilities. Getting upgrades doesen't mean your automatically stronger, Grimmjow had just as many upgrades. He's not gotten weaker he's actually being portrayed how he should. People overrate Ichigo because he beat Ulquiorra and has this amazing spirit power. 

@hitsusatsu11: Ichigo only went into that form because he was dead, and his hollow side took over and saved his ass, he's even said in battles with Byakuya and Ulquiorra that it was not him fighting them. Even offering have an arm and a leg cut off because his hollow side did it to Ulquiorra. It's not a form he likes or will freely enter. Even summoning his new mask felt heavier and he wasen't at all confident summoning it.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I have to agree with kraken. I Feel gin was referring to His personality. Ichigo seems to have lost a lot of confidence since he first crossed blades With the soul society. He Used to be The kind of person That put in a hard situation, would simply puff out his chest and take it like a man. Now it seems like He has gone down the Emo boy whine path. 
I also agree that ichigo defeating Byakuya and ken was PIS.
Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I don't think Ichigo has gotten weaker.  He's gotten a bit wimpier and more reluctant to fight, but his strength and skill haven't gotten worse.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ninjadude853:  No linking to scanlation sites! read the rules! if you want to show a picture as an example just remove the watermark and upload it directly!! *edited first post* *also fixed some grammar*
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18
He really hasn't got weaker to me he just won't use his full potential. Even against Nnoritra e doesn't use his hollow this is also thanks to the fact he is getting tired. He fighting battles in row now and his body can't take the push. Eventually if that keeps up he will die
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Not exactly weaker, but i think more reluctant, and with the opponents keep going at higher and higher level
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Kelleth: Sorry about that
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ninjadude853:  No worries ^^
Post by SamJaz (11,188 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Online Now
Of course he's less impressive in a fight. What Ulquiorra did to him was tantamount to rape. It wasn't sexual, but it completely stripped Ichigo of every shred of dignity and confidence he ever had. 
He's a shadow of his former self, and he needs some serious therapy in the centre of his mind to get through it. It's a good thing he has three months to spend in the totally-not-a-hyperbolic-time-chamber, or else he'd be screwed.
I reckon though that once he gets his head together, Aizen is going all kinds of down. Hopefully it'll end with an epic fist fight.
Post by godeater (2,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11
ichigo is scared he will hurt his friends tbh
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@cfatalis said:
" Not exactly weaker, but i think more reluctant, and with the opponents keep going at higher and higher level "
Kubo has measures to shush the boring invincible hero
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,554 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Not Exactly weaker, he just got more pussy! He wangst so much he is almost Shinji Ikari with a sword (Shinji from the series, not from the movie, there he is much cooler...)
Post by Ichigo01 (2 posts) See mini bio Level 1

I think ichigo hasn't gotten any weaker. If he beat Kenpachi while he was in shikai, and Kenpachi beat Nnonitora while in shikai, he should be able to beat Ulquiorra in his first release form while in bankai. Beacause I'm sure Byakuya could beat him. If you ask me his resolve has gotten weaker. Back when Rukia was sentenced to death his resolve was greater because Rukia saved his whole world. But he doubts himself, he even goes as far as saying it's helpless against Aizen to his father. So his resolve has gotten weaker.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel