Lady Gaga Wears an Entire Sanrio Store

Topic started by gia on Jan. 21, 2010. Last post by John_Martone 4 years, 5 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

That headline is technically false, for the record. But I kinda like the idea, and this photo-- borrowed from our pals at Tomopop --very nearly illustrates the concept.

But! Lady Gaga has hooked up with Sanrio to put together her very own fashion homage to the most merchandised cat in the world, and the results are..well, interesting. I certainly wasn't expecting her to steal that whole anime-eyes-drawn-on-eyelids concept (which is still totally creepy) and it's a little tough to justify that last picture with the Hello Kitty pseudo-chastity-belt thing, but hey...it's kinda neat.
Disclosure: Yes, I gave in and bought the Lady Gaga album this week. I dare you to hate me for it.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
DO WANT
Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I love Lady Gaga for reasons like this, less so affiliated with the music. 

That is just awesome.
It's certainly unique @_@ More unique than the music, to be sure, though it's pretty catchy.
Post by CorAutMors (77 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Very interesting.
Post by Slim (238 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Right now ... I'd have sex with that. 
>.>
<.<
Post by constanzadellarosa (234 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I'm not into her music, but every outfit she rocks looks like a freaking art installation. I kinda suspected she was into Japanese aestethics when I saw a picture of her sporting ganguro-like makeup.
@Slim: That does not surprise me. 

@constanzadellarosa: Yeah, there was a big buzz when she went to Japan back in June.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Her music isn't to bad, but god, she is one creepy person.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
She needs to wear Kaiju next , real fast
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
That is absolutely terrifying, and I too feel her music does nothing for me.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel