Hayao Miyazaki Gets Back to Animating

Topic started by gia on Jan. 25, 2010. Last post by John_Martone 4 years, 8 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

With most of the Studio Ghibli animators working on the upcoming feature Karigurashi no Arrietty (based on the novel The Borrowers), word is that Hayao Miyazaki is working on a new short film. But apparently since most of the animators are occupied, Miyazaki himself is doing some of the animating on his newest project-- very cool.

The new short is about 10 minutes long and has no dialogue, but no other specific information is offered. Toshio Suzuki suggests that they may even consider posting the video on YouTube, but they're unsure of how to recoup the costs of even a short 10-minute video via Internet distribution.

It'll be interesting to see what they do-- but even more interesting to see what the animated short is! I also wonder, is Miyazaki working on a computer, or is it still straight-out cel animation?    
Post by JackSukeru (402 posts) See mini bio Level 8
As usual the thing that isn't the news is news to me, The Borrowers eh? I remember seeing a TV-series based on those books. It was one of those running-over-summerbreak kind of series. From what I can recall (which isn't much) it was fun.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,780 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I want another hardcore literature adaptation, if Hayao coul do a LOTR Ova miniseries or a Belgariand Series I could cry of joy....
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@RockmanBionics said:
"As usual the thing that isn't the news is news to me."

same here. 
A borrowers Animated Feature could be good.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Oneesama: I think he likes it.

....Animating, that is, not being whipped.

Well, I shouldn't presume...
Post by Matte (181 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@gia: No you shouldn't lol, but I'd like to see Miyazaki on a Inside the Actor's Studio interview.  Even though he's not an actor and to my knowledge doesn't speak english.  But I'd like to know his favorite curse word damnit!
Post by Konanda (796 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@gia said:
"
The new short is about 10 minutes long and has no dialogue, but no other specific information is offered. Toshio Suzuki suggests that they may even consider posting the video on YouTube, but they're unsure of how to recoup the costs of even a short 10-minute video via Internet distribution.It'll be interesting to see what they do--     "

Maybe they'll do the Pixar thing and include the short as a little pre-film kind of thing or include it on the DVD/Blu-Ray as a bonus.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Konanda said:

" @gia said:

"
The new short is about 10 minutes long and has no dialogue, but no other specific information is offered. Toshio Suzuki suggests that they may even consider posting the video on YouTube, but they're unsure of how to recoup the costs of even a short 10-minute video via Internet distribution.It'll be interesting to see what they do--     "
Maybe they'll do the Pixar thing and include the short as a little pre-film kind of thing or include it on the DVD/Blu-Ray as a bonus. "
Ooo, that would be kind of wonderful. You should send them that idea.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel