Gurren Lagann the Movie Licensed by Bandai Entertainment (Probably)

Topic started by gia on April 3, 2010. Last post by John_Martone 4 years, 4 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Once again, that accursed "probably" has to go in my headline. I've got an e-mail out to Bandai to confirm, buuuut...

The official Gurren Lagann the Movie USA website has updated. A bunch of the site doesn't seem to work quite right at this time, but I did notice one thing: the "DVD" link heads straight on over to the Bandai Entertainment website.

What more can I say at this time? I've already heard a couple of rumblings about whether they'll dub the movies or not given that Bandai chose not to dub the Lucky Star OVA. That said, I'm personally hoping for a full-scale dub-and-sub release of both films in one box with some awesome swag...although on the other hand, it might not be possible to top the light-up drill that came with the TV series.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Awesome news!  Maybe at some point they could do a big boxset that comes with the anime and the movie together.
Post by CapeBarnes (494 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@JJOR64: Hmm, all 27 episodes AND both movies? How much would that cost on dvd or blu-ray?
Post by yuetheguardian (93 posts) See mini bio Level 7
they also need to license the parrallel works and add those as extra features.
Post by cowdrunk (39 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@JJOR64 said:
"Awesome news!  Maybe at some point they could do a big boxset that comes with the anime and the movie together. "

What he said!
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Oh, well if this happens, then I'm super happy! (probably)

@CapeBarnes said:
" @JJOR64: Hmm, all 27 episodes AND both movies? How much would that cost on dvd or blu-ray? "
It wouldn't neccessarily be a huge printing on Blu-ray. you could probably get away with 2'ish-3'ish discs for the full deal. Then again, if they did it on blu-ray, that'd be our first chance to pick up Gurren in HD, so that'd probably be a great way to drive up value/interest.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel