How strong is Goku's punching power?

Topic started by TheLegendaryOne on Jan. 5, 2011. Last post by Dream 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by TheLegendaryOne (879 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I have seen many feats from Goku, but the max it seems to be is just a mountain buster. 

Are there any other feats supporting Goku could be above this?    
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,725 posts) See mini bio Level 20
There are insane amounts of DB threads lately.  

Im almost weary to post here, for fear of getting trolled into oblivion.  

I'll mention arale and broly certainly can destroy a world with one blow: 

Blue Shogun tanked being kicked into another country by Arale 

Ha chan was able to punch White Shogun as far as the eye can see. 

Gotenks was able to cause a grand canyon like crater by fooling around and hitting buu down: 

Z senshi can put their ki into their fist, as seen with Goku 

This concept is further supported by the movies and daizenshuu 

(And in GT when kid goku punches c17 across the world)

To support this further would be the fact that characters who are not hurt by moonbusting energy attacks are hurt by punches and kicks.  
It is therefore likely that Z senshi can make their physical blows near the level of their energy projections, save the strongest charged blasts. 
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

one punch from goku can destroy 75 billion universes
@SSJjanemba said:
" one punch from goku can destroy 75 billion universes "
In base form.
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@hitsusatsu11: yeah sorry should have made that clear
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@SSJjanemba said:
" one punch from goku can destroy 75 billion universes "
Are you trying to label yourself as a rabid DBZ fanboy? 

And as for the thread, well Goku's punching power? Without ki I doubt that it is that much.  
However when he infuses his ki into his fist, I can see him shattering entire planets. 

ND
Post by Sonata (35,160 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Newdeath:  I think they were kidding...I hope 
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Sonata: Maybe. 

ND
Post by fabuloso_larumba (118 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@hitsusatsu11: @SSJjanemba: I hope you guys are joking.
Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" There are insane amounts of DB threads lately.  

Im almost weary to post here, for fear of getting trolled into oblivion.  

I'll mention arale and broly certainly can destroy a world with one blow: 

Blue Shogun tanked being kicked into another country by Arale 

Ha chan was able to punch White Shogun as far as the eye can see. 

Gotenks was able to cause a grand canyon like crater by fooling around and hitting buu down: 

Z senshi can put their ki into their fist, as seen with Goku 

This concept is further supported by the movies and daizenshuu 

(And in GT when kid goku punches c17 across the world)  To support this further would be the fact that characters who are not hurt by moonbusting energy attacks are hurt by punches and kicks.  It is therefore likely that Z senshi can make their physical blows near the level of their energy projections, save the strongest charged blasts.  "
Arale can destroy worlds? I doubt it, Blue was hit by her, yet tao killed him with his tongue. So far DBZ characters seem like planet busters. Goku has good punching strength.
Post by Super415 (39 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@TheLegendaryOne:  Its so strong it will make you want to post a off topic forum about how strong his punch is.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
 Nappa was attacked by Piccolo who is moon buster, and who has much more power then it's needed to destroy a moon size objects, Nappa was also attacked by Tien who fired his entire ki at him, and tien has much more ki then it's needed to destroy moon size objects, and Nappa endured it all.
Yet KK Goku  KOed him with a single strike.

Vegeta, who is incomparably more powerful then Moon busters and who stated that he can destroy the Earth was unable to hurt Recoome, who fell down once Goku punched him.  

So early DBZ goku was capable of KOing characters which endured energy attacks from moon and (most likely) planet buster. Does this means goku was able to destroy a planet with his body idk.
Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24
When someone standing on Earth get's hit with a galaxy busting punch, the shockwaves alone should cause something on the level of an extinction level event.  Someone getting thrown or kicked to the ground by galaxy busting power should make a crater the size of the entire western hemisphere.
Post by StargunZX (476 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@sickVisionz said:

" When someone standing on Earth get's hit with a galaxy busting punch, the shockwaves alone should cause something on the level of an extinction level event.  Someone getting thrown or kicked to the ground by galaxy busting power should make a crater the size of the entire western hemisphere. "

LMAO, don't even need to go that far. The shockwaves created by a planetbusting blow would be enough to destroy everything on the surface of the Earth 10 times over.
Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I don't know, DBZ is waay too inconsistant, I don't think he can blow p planets with a punch or even moons, only with ki, their energy is powerful but brte strength wise goku can only destroy mountains, those power levels don't show anything other than ki power, Goku can't blow up planets without ki at all, if it were otherwise Yajirobi would be able to simply punch planets in half or moons at least, so I think PL is just ki based, I mean DBZ is jsut wacky like that so people can throw whatever blank slate for power they want.
 Goku can shatter large mountains with his fists.

@hitsusatsu11said:

It is therefore likely that Z senshi can make their physical blows near the level of their energy projections, save the strongest charged blasts.   

Problem is that planet-busting attacks does not necessarily strike with planet destroying force, and most likely they does not...

At least from my point of view, most of Ki beams (and very specially moon / planet+ busters) don't work like bullets (just exerting pressure on the target), they're more like missiles made up of pure energy (they explode on contact with the target).

That said, a DBZ character casually throwing away a potential planet buster with a kick or slap does not mean that he managed to overpower the destructive force behind the projectile, but just the momentum it had. 

Just to illustrate my theory:

Pretty much the same case.
@Kurohige: How can you doubt what Toriyama wrote in the daizenshuu? I don't understand how you can claim the author wrong, yet at the same time blatantly make things up. (Like how you made up SM tanking a galaxy busting attack) 

Also your wrong on your Yajirobe comment, Yajorobe is also capable of infusing ki into his sword ect. 
@StargunZX said:

"  Goku can shatter large mountains with his fists.

@hitsusatsu11said:

Problem is that planet-busting attacks does not necessarily strike with planet destroying force, and most likely they does not...

At least from my point of view, most of Ki beams (and very specially moon / planet+ busters) don't work like bullets (just exerting pressure on the target), they're more like missiles made up of pure energy (they explode on contact with the target).

That said, a DBZ character casually throwing away a potential planet buster with a kick or slap does not mean that he managed to overpower the destructive force behind the projectile, but just the momentum it had. 

Thats a nice theory, but it is not based in anything from DB.  And demonstrates a misunderstanding of force and power. 
Ki beams are actually specifically described as "bullets" in the daizenshuu, I can dig for the scan if you like.   
Also, if they explode upon hitting something why didn't Vegeta's explode upon hitting Freeza? 
Freeza was his target. 
@hitsusatsu11 said:

" Ki beams are actually specifically described as "bullets" in the daizenshuu"

It does not change the fact that they often explode on contact with targets.

What I'm trying to point is that the explosion rather than the initial impact (when a projectile strikes its target) or the pressure exerted before the projectile's detonation is most certainly the main destructive force behind those ki beams.

Also, if they explode upon hitting something why didn't Vegeta's explode upon hitting Freeza? 

It could have happened if Freeza had kicked it harder. Also, that attack probably exploded at some point in space. At least in the anime that's how it happened, though it's a filler moment if I recall correctly. 

Sorry for the quality. I'm just too lazy to seach for something better...
@StargunZX said:
" @hitsusatsu11 said:

" Ki beams are actually specifically described as "bullets" in the daizenshuu"

It does not change the fact that they often explode on contact with targets.

What I'm trying to point is that the explosion rather than the initial impact (when a projectile strikes its target) or the pressure exerted before the projectile's detonation is most certainly the main destructive force behind those ki beams.
How then do explain times when the beams don't explode, but rather annihilate the opponent? 
Like when Goku kills Tambourine, below: 

This is also corroborated by the fact that beings are able to fight back the attacks, as seen when Freeza singed his fingers blocking and pushing back the kamehameha.  
Also with the Genki dama, and may other attacks, the opponent is simply vaporized with the attack itself.  

Furthermore, Vegeta's target was freeza, so according to you the ki ball should have exploded on contact.  
It didn't freeza overpowered it. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel