The Return of GODZILLA

Topic started by No_name_here on March 30, 2010. Last post by sukplayer 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff

Pray he doesn't trip.
 Pray he doesn't trip.

Legendary has announced their plans to give the giant atomic lizard another shot at big screen urban destruction. There’s really not much else to be said about that, aside from the fact that there’s apparently going to be a simultaneous revival that’ll manifest as a 40-minute 3D Imax movie from GODZILLA VS. HEDORAH director Yoshimitsu Banno.   Audiences will feel like they, themselves, are getting crushed under a big scalely foot.

It’s been about 12 years since that awful American version which, despite critics and audiences’ dislike, managed to gross something around $400 million worldwide.  Legendary Pictures, which has produced the upcoming CLASH OF THE TITANS remake and blockbusters like THE DARK KNIGHT, asserts that this will have no relation to it, thankfully.  Though, I’ll confess that the ‘98 flick’s landed in my select category of “bad movie, good theme song” as Diddy sampling Led Zepplin while having a dance-off with the big lizard will always appeal to me. 

What performance artist lurks under that rubber?
 What performance artist lurks under that rubber?

I suppose the only question now, goes to you, the radioactively-mutated Anime Vice community. Would you prefer a well-rendered CGI Godzilla or man-in-rubber-suit Godzilla for this? Would you hope to see Godzilla wrestle in a tie-in with Kaiju Big Battel, like I do?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this April - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Post by VinceA (14 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I'm pretty partial to the man-in-suit Godzilla. Could be that the previous American attempt turned out to be so un-Godzilla. It was an OK giant monster film but not really a Godzilla film.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Tom_Pinchuk: WHY? why bring up that horrible sh!t stain on the franchise? Why compare the original Godzilla with the Zilla movie even though the original company had little to nothing to do with that pile of radioactive cr@p!!!  You should be ashamed of yourself for reminding people it even exists!! 

Aside from that moment of nerd rage i say that i still love the suit Gojira more i hope it never changes since its is a tradition in the entire franchise

Post by crusader8463 (739 posts) See mini bio Level 9
 man-in-rubber-suit Godzilla
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
They should totally use man-in-suit and CG.  It would be the best movie of all time.
Post by ThePsychoGamer (1,835 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I never got into Godzilla, i've seen clips that would indicate a few movies appeared in MST3K, i will proabably let that be my first  real experince with godzilla

-- ThePsychogamer is the writer of promotion parodies like this on Animevice. Watch out for more of these and preorder my nonexistence book at notreal.fake, now available in imaginary hardcover
Post by DracoXSextaEspada (8 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I just hope they don't mess it up. LONG LIVE THE KING OF MONSTERS! GODZILLA!
Post by Lydian_Sel (178 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I'm all for a storyline which proposes that the only thing which can defeat a CG Godzilla is a man in a rubber Godzilla suit.
Post by RonnieR15 (26 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@Kelleth: 

Toho had a little more control then that, go to this link and see. http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Gryphon    
Post by sukplayer (2 posts) See mini bio Level 9
the original GODZILLA pawned Zillia like he was nothen lol!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel