Summer Anime 2012 Trailer: Girls Und Panzer

Topic started by takashichea on May 28, 2012. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by takashichea (10,832 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Plot

Genre: Moe and Military

It revolves around high school girls battling in tanks. The protagonist is Miho who transfers to Oarai Girl's High School where the student council has ordered her to take part in the national Sensha-do championship.

By Takashichea

Go Anime Vice!

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Cutesy girls with big doe eyes in tanks!! This is what I'm talkin' about!

I really don't get the concept behind this show at all. I understood the idea that spawned Strike Witches and girls with tanks can be fun. Look at the Tank Police franchise, but this...are they living in some sort of military dictatorship like in Starship Troopers? Are they going to be sent to the front lines to fight the Nazi-like invaders? Or Soviet-like invaders for that matter. Considering US-Japanese history, I'd add American invaders if the moe was about ships or planes since navel combat has more bearing on our joint past. Hmm, probably some faceless villainy from abroad.

Having said all this, I am now very intrigued to see why this cutesy girls are going to high school to learn how to operate combat tanks.

Post by takashichea (10,832 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@PenguinDust:

Cutesy girls with big doe eyes in tanks!! This is what I'm talkin' about!

I really don't get the concept behind this show at all. I understood the idea that spawned Strike Witches and girls with tanks can be fun. Look at the Tank Police franchise, but this...are they living in some sort of military dictatorship like in Starship Troopers? Are they going to be sent to the front lines to fight the Nazi-like invaders? Or Soviet-like invaders for that matter. Considering US-Japanese history, I'd add American invaders if the moe was about ships or planes since navel combat has more bearing on our joint past. Hmm, probably some faceless villainy from abroad.

Having said all this, I am now very intrigued to see why this cutesy girls are going to high school to learn how to operate combat tanks.

Oh, you crack me up. Speaking of Strike Witches, the guy who was behind Strike Witches and Upotte! is the supervisor for this show, Takkaki Suzuki.

Thanks for the comment.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel