Ghost in the Shell: Arise (Anime) to Launch This Year

Topic started by ShadowKnight508 on Jan. 15, 2013. Last post by shels 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Credit to ANN:

The February issue of Kodansha'sMonthly Young Magazine is announcing on Wednesday that the Ghost in the Shell Arise anime will launch in 2013. Kazuchika Kise will serve as the chief director, and Tow Ubukata is supervising and writing the series scripts.

According to IEEE802.11,Monthly Young Magazine also revealedCornelius as the composer and a piece of visual art for the main character Motoko Kusanagi. Director Kenji Kamiyamaconfirmed that he is not involved in the new project.

So, are you excited that Ghost in the Shell will be getting another anime series? Post your thoughts below!

Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

More Gits is always good. So here is the char. design for the new Major. Y

Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I hope it takes more from Stand Alone Complex than the films. But either way call me interested.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,401 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I want.

Post by DocHaus (936 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Bumping this to say that a manga has been released and someone translated the first chapter. Not sure if it's a lead-in or an adaptation but it looks pretty cool.

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Anyone know if this is a sequel to Stand Alone Comeplex or is it a spin off?

@The_Desert_Tiger: It's supposed to be a prequel to the main story, though I don't know if the prequel is before the movie or SAC timeline.

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@DocHaus: Ah okay, that would explain the younger looking major. Guess I should probably get around to watching the movies then as I've only see the SAC animes.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19

More Updates (Credit to ANN):

The official Facebook page for the Ghost in the Shell Arise project posted four preview images for the manga adaptation of the upcoming anime on Wednesday. The adaptation, Ghost in the Shell Arise ~Nemuranai Me no Otoko: Sleepless Eye~, debuted in the April issue of Kodansha's Monthly Young Magazine on Wednesday. Newcomer Takumi Ōyama is drawing the series, and Jun'ichi Fujisaku is writing the story. Fujisaku previously worked on the screenplay for both seasons of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Fujisaku also worked on the screenplay for Blood+, Otogi Zoshi, Appleseed XIII, and Real Drive.
The Ghost in the Shell Arise anime, which consists of four 50-minute parts, will premiere in Japanese theaters on June 22, and will then be available on Blu-ray Disc and DVD at retail on July 26. Kazuchika Kise (chief animation director forOtogi Zoshi, Blood-C: The Last Dark) will direct the series and design the characters, and Tow Ubukata (Le Chevalier D'Eon, Mardock Scramble) will handle series composition and the screenplay. Production I.G is producing the series, and Cornelius (Appleseed: Ex Machina) will compose the music.
Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Not a big fan of the new Major look, but I'm sure it will grow on me later.
Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

new teaser:

and a "rojikoma" concept art

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel