Zomg ADS!

Topic started by gia on March 2, 2009. Last post by LordAndrew 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I think a better way to put it to people who are vehemently opposed to ads is "No ads no website." Simple and to the point.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
We ran Comicvine for 2 years and 2 months with out ads.  Its time to pay the bills.  :)
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I've used my body to pay the bills once, but prostitution isn't for everybody.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
ethan said:
"We ran Comicvine for 2 years and 2 months with out ads.  Its time to pay the bills.  :)
"
and we all love and appreciate Vine those of us who have been there for a long time love the place and I for one am fine with the ads, if it helps the boys to run VIne, here and GB then go for it.

Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I'm fine with ads so long as they don't get out of control and start doing the whole auto play with annoying audio thing. I was always kind of curious how they afforded these servers especially with the insane amount of pictures people upload on them...
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I don't mind ads if they will help give revenue to the staffers and such.

But if I hear (literally hear sound) those bloody ads about "You have won a Wii!" or something, then I'll start hating ads on here.

But whatever helps the website keep running, I'm all for it. I generally zone out the ads on websites anyway so it's not like they're usually obstructive.
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
RedRoses said:
"I don't mind ads if they will help give revenue to the staffers and such.

But if I hear (literally hear sound) those bloody ads about "You have won a Wii!" or something, then I'll start hating ads on here.

But whatever helps the website keep running, I'm all for it. I generally zone out the ads on websites anyway so it's not like they're usually obstructive."
They would absolutely not allow that kind of ad to run. They're very picky about which ads are allowed to run on these sites.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel