Your Opinion on Vocaloids

Topic started by Superevil225 on Aug. 30, 2011. Last post by The_Desert_Tiger 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Ummm... What?
  • OMG I LOVE THEM~
  • They have some nice songs but I don't get the hype
  • Miku's one of those, right? She's so cute but I don't know anything else
  • They should have died with SkyNET
  • Cool characters, but I don't like the songs
  • I don't hate them, but their voices creep me out
  • I don't have an opinion
  • Other (please explain)
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Must..not..rape...LEN
Post by Bigheart711 (3,705 posts) See mini bio Level 21
All the characters are great, but I haven't checked out much of their songs.
Post by Mesamia (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I've been a fan of theirs for quite sometime:)
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@rein said:
Must..not..rape...LEN
*pat pat* I know... it's so hard. XD
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@rein@Superevil225:   
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I really don't know much about them other than they're part of some sort of karaoke franchise.  It'd be cool if someone could do a primer on them.  I know there is more than just Miku like Rin and Luka and I've seen some of that Miku virtual-live concert on YouTube, but beyond that I'm mostly in the dark.  Do they have albums and original singles?  Who are the actual singers?  What are the songs to look for?
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@rein said:
Must..not..rape...LEN
Len? not Rin? are you sure?
@PenguinDust said:
I really don't know much about them other than they're part of some sort of karaoke franchise.  It'd be cool if someone could do a primer on them.  I know there is more than just Miku like Rin and Luka and I've seen some of that Miku virtual-live concert on YouTube, but beyond that I'm mostly in the dark.  Do they have albums and original singles?  Who are the actual singers?  What are the songs to look for?

they do have "albums" , most of their songs are covers. They are not exactly karaoke, they are voice synths, as for real world
Miku is Saki Fujita
Luka is Yu asakawa
I care jackshit of the others. I am errr rather neutral on them, me having a copy of Miku and Luka doesn't mean I like them, right?
@cfatalis:  This thread prompted me to check out more of their stuff.  I found this song called "Yellow" that I liked.  I saw that there was a PSP game featuring them "Project Diva".  How does that work?  Is it like a rhythm game? 
@PenguinDust: PDiva is a rhythm game much like say EBA(Elite Beat Agents) but instead of crazy antics, you get Miku dancing to the tune, you also can dress her up and all that, it is however in japan only
There is BATSHIT amount of CD available to them, you can get them here, or well you can go "that" way. 
there is also "metaloid" which is basically set of personalities accepted as canon to the fans , even though they are not official at any rate
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@cfatalis: I would rape any of them, it just seems like len would be the most fun.
@cfatalis:  I don't have a PSP but I am planning on getting a Vita so we'll see how flexible that platform will be when it arrives in the West.  I doubt it will be as "open" as the PSP, but we'll see.  After it comes out, maybe I'll be able to find a cheap 3000 somewhere just for games like Perfect Diva.  I plan to sample songs off the web and later decide what's worth an investment.  That's the route I took with AKB48 and I'm happy with the results.  What are these so-called personality types for the characters in "metaloid" by the way?  Is Meiko a "mother-type", Luka a tsudere, Rin an imouto-type, Luka a ojou/princess-type or something along that line?
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I don't dislike it, but I don't necessarily think it makes for good music.

@PenguinDust: let see
Miku is the set basis , therefore she is well "plain"  or "ordinary"
Rin is an imouto type , Len is the opposite
I have seen a lot of Luka art being rather yangire/yandere, on the other end she is definitely the "upper class" lady of Vocaloid 
Gacktpo is the cool guy/bishounen stereotype
meiko and kaito is Onee-san, Onii-san stereotypically

of course there is well variation with sometimes shipping being included , ever seen IM@S? it's a bit like that assigning personalities to each character that the fans view as suitable
@cfatalis:   Thanks for the breakdown on the character types.  I haven't seen Idolm@ster yet or played the game since it's not out in the West.  I read that Idolm@ster 2 is coming to PS3 but until some variation has English subs, I'm not going to bother with the game portion of the franchise.  I can't recall if the PS3 or Xbox is region locked anyway.  I will watch the currently airing anime series when it's done later this year.  I did see Idolm@ster Xenoglossia and was surprised at how much I liked it.  It's got almost nothing to do with Japanese idols, though and is instead about cute girls who pilot intelligent "boy" giant robots to protect the Earth from falling space debris after the moon is blown up.  It should have been subtitled "My Boyfriend is a Robot".  As odd as it sounds, it has a NGE tone to it.  Haruka Amami from the game and current series stars.
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I side with William Gibbson in saying that they aren't real virtual reality. It would go one step further in saying that they make terrible music and are doing damage to the virtual reality movement.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,637 posts) See mini bio Level 13
If I could I'll grab a shotgun and destroy every copy of every Vocaloid worldwide, thanks to them I had to wait a 7 month hiauts from Berserk Author that happens to love Vocaloid and followed the tour ignoring his manga fans
@PenguinDust said:
@cfatalis:   Thanks for the breakdown on the character types.  I haven't seen Idolm@ster yet or played the game since it's not out in the West.  I read that Idolm@ster 2 is coming to PS3 but until some variation has English subs, I'm not going to bother with the game portion of the franchise.  I can't recall if the PS3 or Xbox is region locked anyway.  I will watch the currently airing anime series when it's done later this year.  I did see Idolm@ster Xenoglossia and was surprised at how much I liked it.  It's got almost nothing to do with Japanese idols, though and is instead about cute girls who pilot intelligent "boy" giant robots to protect the Earth from falling space debris after the moon is blown up.  It should have been subtitled "My Boyfriend is a Robot".  As odd as it sounds, it has a NGE tone to it.  Haruka Amami from the game and current series stars.
The new one is the Japanesse idol anime, and for all people who doesn't want to see the producer (e.g your character) taking all the girls, fear not, It features a female producer instead
Haruka is the plain one, e.g the basis of characters

@Kuma_From_Argentina said:
If I could I'll grab a shotgun and destroy every copy of every Vocaloid worldwide, thanks to them I had to wait a 7 month hiauts from Berserk Author that happens to love Vocaloid and followed the tour ignoring his manga fans

Eh? Miura had not obligation to actually write mangas for his fan actually, as long as he has delivered a notice beforehand and his editor and publisher agress, he is free of all problem
It's the same as when I wish to kill all furry in the world when they dirty the new gallery listing on my favorite hentai website, but eh? I couldn't and they have no obligation to keep their damn yiffing out of the site either
Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@cfatalis:  I know, but I still would grab a shotgun and destroy every copy, and even digitalize myself and snap Miku neck againa and again.... 

Hatred is sometimes irrational, as my legendary hatred against Boy and Girls Scouts, I would choke them with their ties. 

XD
Post by Michaelblack18 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 6
i do love mikus music i can sing like her infact which is odd for a guy i know @_@ but it's fun :3
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel