Your name on CV/Giantbomb

Topic started by TheDrifter on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by Resonate 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by DualReaver (136 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I'm from Gamefaqs.
Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Amuck said:
"I wanna do a quick battle with someone! Anyone? someone? lol I just want to get a feel for this character! I might even end up sucking xD"
BRING IT!
Post by Amuck (943 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Jlynnana said:
"Amuck said:
"I wanna do a quick battle with someone! Anyone? someone? lol I just want to get a feel for this character! I might even end up sucking xD"
BRING IT!"
...........um.......... anyone other than Jlynnana wanna fight? ^^' 
lol just kidding xD ok I'll make the Ooc right now! ^_^
KK
Post by Katsumi_Shizuka (364 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Ok I'll state this only once. We are all here for the same thing. Sure we come from other sites and some of you may have already perceived notions about the people from Comicvine. But those should be thrown out the window. The site only just started and already I feel some animosity. I didn't come here for that. I came here for my love of Manga and Anime. So please I beg of you, get to know people first before you judge.
O_o

Doesn't Sense Animosity but Agrees
Post by Hawk (272 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Katsumi_Shizuka said:
"Ok I'll state this only once. We are all here for the same thing. Sure we come from other sites and some of you may have already perceived notions about the people from Comicvine. But those should be thrown out the window. The site only just started and already I feel some animosity. I didn't come here for that. I came here for my love of Manga and Anime. So please I beg of you, get to know people first before you judge."
I think your a little late Kat....there is some hate already for RPGers.....which is sad....I didn't think it was very cool at first...now I enjoy it.
I do. I could be imagining it though.
Post by Amuck (943 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Katsumi_Shizuka said:
"Ok I'll state this only once. We are all here for the same thing. Sure we come from other sites and some of you may have already perceived notions about the people from Comicvine. But those should be thrown out the window. The site only just started and already I feel some animosity. I didn't come here for that. I came here for my love of Manga and Anime. So please I beg of you, get to know people first before you judge."
ok! :D
Post by inferiorego (43 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I'm inferiorego on all three sites.
hawk said:
"Katsumi_Shizuka said:
I think your a little late Kat....there is some hate already for RPGers.....which is sad....I didn't think it was very cool at first...now I enjoy it."
Hawk, I've been avoiding the internet lately because of the hate on the Vine. I'd hate to lave RPGing all together because of it. I've been doing it for 8 years and found it really helped my writing. I really delved into writing when I started to RP. And I love to write now.
Post by DualReaver (136 posts) See mini bio Level 4
RPing is for jerks.
Post by BoG (19 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Over at GiantBomb, I'm BoG. I don't think it matters, I'm not all that important.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
inferiorego said:
"I'm inferiorego on all three sites."

yo welcome pal^^
Post by Jayge (34 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Katsumi_Shizuka said:
The common error made is that we're all here for the same thing. I don't want to have to sift through dozens of people playing pretend to get to an anime discussion topic, only to find the same people in there who can't even be bothered to take the anime discussion seriously. Listen, they/you/whoever likes roleplaying and making up people and emoting and doing all that shit; fine. There is no reason that had to leave ComicVine. I can't tell you what you're looking for. I was looking for a place not unlike the PoliticalBase or GiantBomb format, free from all of the exterraneous BS clutter where you can actually have a serious discussion about something you enjoy, rather than being caught up in a bunch of completely unrelated battles and stories playing out across the entire forums constantly.

I can completely understand something like FanFiction, but all of that other crap should have stayed singularly with its originator instead of being spread. Your peers even recognize it as something that isn't entry-level; roleplaying isn't an inviting task, and it's not a widely popular task. It's not something that even the average anime fan will get into- many would consider it more of a turn-off. I'll be watching, but if it continues to stay as ridiculously unregulated near the levels it's at now, the site is worthless.
inferiorego said:
YES! Could have been more creative with your name :P
LMMFAO

this All seems Like a Bunch of politicans vs a bunch of Hippies, You guys are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy To serious, chilax

*smokes pot*
Post by inferiorego (43 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Katsumi_Shizuka said:
"inferiorego said:
YES! Could have been more creative with your name :P"
Considering I have roughly 10 accounts at CV, yes, I could have been more creative. However, I don't RP, and wanted the few who came over from CV to know it's me and not have decipher my new name every time they talked to me.
Post by Grand_Master_Daizen (452 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Ego!! whats Up!!
Jayge said:
"Katsumi_Shizuka said:
The common error made is that we're all here for the same thing. I don't want to have to sift through dozens of people playing pretend to get to an anime discussion topic, only to find the same people in there who can't even be bothered to take the anime discussion seriously. Listen, they/you/whoever likes roleplaying and making up people and emoting and doing all that shit; fine. There is no reason that had to leave ComicVine. I can't tell you what you're looking for. I was looking for a place not unlike the PoliticalBase or GiantBomb format, free from all of the exterraneous BS clutter where you can actually have a serious discussion about something you enjoy, rather than being caught up in a bunch of completely unrelated battles and stories playing out across the entire forums constantly.

I can completely understand something like FanFiction, but all of that other crap should have stayed singularly with its originator instead of being spread. Your peers even recognize it as something that isn't entry-level; roleplaying isn't an inviting task, and it's not a widely popular task. It's not something that even the average anime fan will get into- many would consider it more of a turn-off. I'll be watching, but if it continues to stay as ridiculously unregulated near the levels it's at now, the site is worthless."
You know what, I should have known that the new site wouldnt be any different from CV or GB. A bucnh of moaning people who hate on people before they get to know them. It's like my first day on CV all over again, but you know I wont waste my breath on someone who does not understand the concept of RPGing. You'll probably never understand.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel