your first anime?

Topic started by rein on Sept. 30, 2009. Last post by macker33 4 years, 2 months ago.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
what was the hook that dragged you down the deep, DEEP, rabbit hole that is otaku? 
i was the toonami generation, i fell in love with sailor moon, dbz and outlaw star (my parents banned me from watching it and i was on the last two episodes, i cried for a week (;_;) )

Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Like most people my age, it was either Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon but, I think I watched DBZ first.
@JJOR64 said:
" Like most people my age, it was either Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon but, I think I watched DBZ first. "
yeah, i was actually the person who introduced pokemon to my elementary school xd. for most of my elementary school years i was known as "the pokemon kid"
@rein: Awesome.  Did you every catch them all?
@JJOR64 said:
" @rein: Awesome.  Did you every catch them all? "
yep, i can still even sing the song from memory. i remember everyone wanted to battle me on gameboy, and i always won because i maxed out all my pokemon with the rare candy code.
@rein: CHEATER!!!!                                       (I think we are getting off topic here.)
@JJOR64 said:
" @rein: CHEATER!!!!                                       (I think we are getting off topic here.) "
yeah but nobody else has posted yet so i don't think it matters, ( and anything to be cool xd )
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Saint Seiya probably, I think I was 3 when I started watching and got my first Shiryu figure. 
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Doraemon * my all time fave still
Nobody's Girl  - a good tear jerker
Ikkyu San  > Dad introduced that one

Those were the one that inspired me into Anime
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Let see, my first Anime was Ronin Warrior. At the time I did not know what Anime was, for my it was some so different that I was blow away by it.  Also Samurai Pizza Cats
@Nerx said:
" Doraemon * my all time fave stillNobody's Girl  - a good tear jerkerIkkyu San  > Dad introduced that one Those were the one that inspired me into Anime "
that's awesome your dad likes anime? i wish my dad did...
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@rein: not really 

he showed me the classics as a kiddo, i remember watching OP with him
Post by ThePsychoGamer (1,835 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Slayers
@Nerx said:
" @rein: not really   he showed me the classics as a kiddo, i remember watching OP with him "
still, the fact that your dad knew what the classics are shows he has "some" interest in anime xd
Post by labam89 (19 posts) See mini bio Level 3
I think it was DBZ.
Post by Sonata (35,387 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Sailor Moon.
Post by Katsumi_Shizuka (364 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I watched Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Card Captur's.

But what got me hooked was Inuyasha and Trigun. Followed by Witch Hunter Robin, Trinity Blood, and so on and so forth!

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,277 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Ranma 1/2, Dragon Ball, and Sailor Moon. My brother got me hook.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Im not like most people in the DB generation WHOHOO! 
Anyone of these i don`t really remember
Vicky The Viking
Heidi
The Genie Family (no page for this?, ......)
Sans Famille
Alfred J Kwak ?!? it didn't seemed anime at the time i don`t really remember 0_o
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Nerx said:
" Doraemon * my all time fave stillNobody's Girl  - a good tear jerkerIkkyu San  > Dad introduced that one Those were the one that inspired me into Anime "
lol and they are aired in tpi, indosiar, and rcti?@Kelleth said:
" Im not like most people in the DB generation WHOHOO! 
Anyone of these i don`t really remember
Vicky The Viking
Heidi
The Genie Family (no page for this?, ......)
Sans Famille
Alfred J Kwak ?!? it didn't seemed anime at the time i don`t really remember 0_o "
meh as you may know my very first anime is........... getter robo and grendizer, my father forces me to sit through it and give me a super robot wars for my first gameboy game

for three month i don't have pokemons....... all the other kid had one
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel