WTF Wednesday: What if all anime was drawn by Akira Toriyama?

Topic started by GodLen on May 27, 2009. Last post by kiroshimatsu 5 years, 1 month ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Some days I wish Akira Toriyama would return to his desk and resume being the awesome mangaka that he once was. The last manga I read of his was Sand Land (shudders), and I don’t want that to be my last Akira Toriyama manga experience before I die. He has such a unique drawing style that makes his characters truly stand apart from all others. The otaku at 2Channel realized this and decided to draw other anime characters as if they were drawn by Akira Toriyama.

Being the good person that I am, I collected a good majority of these images to share with all of you. I noticed two things about Toriyama’s characters that set it apart from all others; the eyes, and the body proportion. The eyes, especially for females, are almost always half ovals, while the strong/evil/angry men have that notorious trapezoidal look to them. The heads are usually bigger than normal as well, making his female characters look like big babies.

Now let's take a break from our busy lives and take a look at what anime would look like if Akira Toriyama drew everything.

Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Interesting.
Post by Deacon_Sephiroth (950 posts) See mini bio Level 2

if all anime were drown by Toriyama? I'd kill myself, or more likely far far far better artists would kill him for me.

Post by Axersia (228 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I already get my Toriyama fix by playing Dragon Quest games.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
You can't kill Toriyama, he has the Dragon Balls.
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Toriyama Konata activated my gag reflex.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
WTF? That's kind of awesome.

But definitely glad Hayate no Gotoku is NOT a Toriyama creation @_o eesh.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I'm not the biggest Toriyama fan, but it's interesting to see all these characters drawn in his style. It'd be fun to see more things like this.
Post by Dream (7,087 posts) See mini bio Level 20
It would be a big turn-off for me if there were an Akira Toriyama anime character design monopoly.
Post by ComradeCrash (152 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I like his art style. His is one of the few that I can tell right off the bat who's it is.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Having had a chance to look at them all, the Evangelion stuff looks kind of nice.
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Hahhaha, he made Shinji look tough! And I gotta say, at the very least the rendition of Nanoha is pretty funny.
Post by Sonata (35,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I mean no disrespect but.....HELL NO!
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Dude, I JUST realized that Utau Hoshina from Shugo Chara is in one of these o_o
Post by Kiriska (112 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Yeah, Toriyama's style is really interesting. Eyebrows are connected to eyeballs. It really fucks you up as an artist when you're 12 and using his art for reference. XD
Post by darkcyder (142 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Wow, Shinji got an upgrade in GAR.
Post by Chicken008 (27 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I'm all for it, but there shouldn't be a need to put huge muscles on characters that don't have them..
Post by Gundampilotspaz (28 posts) See mini bio Level 2
It looks like someone's middle school sketchbook.
Post by kiroshimatsu (94 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I enjoyed the pic of the priest and Alucard fighting I lawled :D
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel