Would You Like To See A Live Action FMA Movie?

Topic started by Superevil225 on April 16, 2011. Last post by Haofan123 3 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Made in Hollywood. Assuming it won't turn out like DBZ or Avatar. Would you want it? Would you go see it? Who would you cast?
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Hmmm.I probably not. even if it doesnt turn out like DBZ or the last airbender doesnt mean it wont suck. Theres also too muchi n FMA for a mere 2 hour movie to cover.  If it was made in japan then id be more inclined too say yes. The author even picked out a bunch of actors that she would like to be in a live action FMA movie
Post by SamJaz (13,018 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Superevil225:
Eff no. It would be awful, and there would be no way that the amazing epic of FMA would be done justice.

However, let me rephrase your question. If you were to ask me "SamJaz, would you watch an FMA live action series, such as Prison Break, Heroes, Lost, 24, assuming it would be done right, and they got the right ethnic groups to play the right characters, and it was done with all the seriousness of the Dark Knight, and it was long enough, say, 25 episodes a season, three seasons, and they did a decent job with the casting, directing, scripts, pacing, special effects, budget, would you watch it and purchase legally all of the box set DVD's?"

Then I would probably answer "HELL TO THE YES!"
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
No No No a thousand times no. Live action animes are terrible 90% of the time. and FMA is perfect as it is. it does not need a Live action adaptation
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,376 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,330 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
NOOOOOOO!!!!
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Sure, what's M. Night Shyamalan doing these days?  He's free, isn't he?
Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I'd watch it.  If I heard that they were straight up trying to cram the 52 episode show into a 2 hour film I'd be less enthusiastic about it than if I heard that they were changing things to keep the tone the same but tell a story that's capable of being told in 2 hours.

I'd be way more excited about a PS3/360 console game though.  Especially if phrases like completely destructible/transmutable environments, custom seal/transmutation creation and multiplayer were used in describing it.
Post by Bigheart711 (4,181 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I wouldn't want to see a Live-Action FMA movie, either. It just wouldn't work in my opinion. >__<
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,357 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@mrassh0le said:
"
    "
Pretty much this. Most anime translations to a "live-action" show/movie ends up being a disaster. Do I have to bring up that one Street Fighter movie from the other year or that awful DragonBall: Evolution film?
Post by wayintothe7thart (1,079 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@ShadowKnight508: Two Street Fighter movies
Post by ssejllenrad (20 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@wayintothe7thart said:

" @ShadowKnight508: Two Street Fighter movies "

The first street fighter movie was not that bad.

Just look at this classic quote those writers so epically thought of:
I'm gonna get on my boat, and I'm going up river, and I'm going to kick that son of a bitch Bison's ass so hard that the next Bison wannabe is gonna feel it
-Guile

Post by SamJaz (13,018 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@sickVisionz said:
I'd be way more excited about a PS3/360 console game though.  Especially if phrases like completely destructible/transmutable environments, custom seal/transmutation creation and multiplayer were used in describing it.
This. This would be epic.

Also, has anyone here seen the Dark Knight? That completely fetching awesome movie based on a comic book? That proved that, with effort, any movie based on a cartoon can be epic.
Again, consider Battle Royale. The movie was infinitely superior to the anime and manga.
Death Note also did a pretty decent job at the live-action, especially considering what it was based on. FREAKIN DEATH NOTE!

Therefore, the same applies to anime. It just needs a few more years for it to get accepted, and then they will do it right.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

But those movies  you listed were not made in hollywood with the exeption of the dark knight which was american to begin with. Moviesbased off of anime and manga tend to be better when they are from japan. Thats a fact. I really cant think of one american movie based off of a manga or anime that has turned out well. Isnt that right, DBZ evolution?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel