Would a comunity podcast be possible?

Topic started by kashif1 on May 12, 2012. Last post by cynically_happy 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It seems like the kind of thing this site could use, especially since we don't have much in the way of staff, what do you guys think?

Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24

It's very possible, especially considering that one already exists.

Post by takashichea (14,306 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Forgive me for being cynical with this statement. Many people ask this, but they never follow through. They just fall over the sidelines. I think podcasts in this community are a bit useless especially when people don't respond.

Example: This one who asked the same question as you.

The last folks who did podcasts were DocHaus and SparklyKiss. They're great people with awesome insight. Alas, the response from the community is sad. Without comments, they moved on. Giant Bomb's podcast is popular because they have all the ingredients.

If you are going do it, be consistent, optimistic, and get support.

Good luck to you.

For me, I just stick with weekly reports, wiki recognition blogs, and other news.

Edit:

Another hot trend in this community is the art exhibition and showing off tools such as UsaChanMan's Manga Debut 4 - Tutorial or FoxxFireArt's Tips to make Hi-Res Manga Covers.

Anime and movie trailers are a hot topic as well.

Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24
If you do one, consistency is key. You should aim to stick with it for a set amount of time regardless of feed back or lack thereof. Probably start off small as I think a good 30 minutes would be better than 2 hours with only 30 good minutes. Plus you don't yet know how much work it actually takes yet.
Post by cynically_happy (115 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I think having another community podcast would be a great addition to this community, I say go for it.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

It is a good idea, but it's a project that would need commitment and lots of effort, despite what the response from the community is.

I back up the idea though, and you've got my support :)

Post by DocHaus (936 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Possible? Sure. Hell, I've been doing AlphaVictor with a handful of other users on this site for the past year or so. Problem is that <100 people seem to give a shit between the streaming site and itunes, and if I'm lucky two people will bother to comment to me on an episode, and I'm not getting paid anything. In fact, I'm paying a bit of pocket change every month to podbean so they'll host the podcast. Yeah, it's possible. Here's my question to you, kashif: are you going to do a podcast, and are you going to stick around for more than a few episodes before you get sick and tired of the whole thing? Or are you just throwing it out there and hoping someone else does the work for you?

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@DocHaus:

I've been meaning to get to your podcast. But I haven't listened to any in almost 2 years and I was listening to ANN and Anime Today for a while before I stopped. With work and trying to do some of my own content I haven't taken to scheduling time for podcasts (much like trying to bring on guests for DC).

Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@DocHaus said:

Possible? Sure. Hell, I've been doing AlphaVictor with a handful of other users on this site for the past year or so. Problem is that <100 people seem to give a shit between the streaming site and itunes, and if I'm lucky two people will bother to comment to me on an episode, and I'm not getting paid anything. In fact, I'm paying a bit of pocket change every month to podbean so they'll host the podcast. Yeah, it's possible. Here's my question to you, kashif: are you going to do a podcast, and are you going to stick around for more than a few episodes before you get sick and tired of the whole thing? Or are you just throwing it out there and hoping someone else does the work for you?

I was unaware that yours exists, still your right, if I want to get this done I'll have to just do it and keep doing it.

Post by cynically_happy (115 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@kashif1: And it's that kind of dedication that'll get you listeners

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel