Worse or Worser: DBZ Kai vs. DB GT

Topic started by Kou_Leifoh on Sept. 8, 2011. Last post by kashif1 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by Kou_Leifoh (613 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • DBZ Kai
  • DB GT
Post by Kou_Leifoh (613 posts) See mini bio Level 10
As I said before, DBZ Kai is just a butchered version of a classic. Horrible voice acting (for some of the characters), terrible intro, waaaaay too much content was cut out. DB GT on the on the hand is a sequel to the same classic anime. That too was also terrible, horrible pacing, lame fight sequences, annoying new characters, and convoluted plot (Vegeta gets zapped by a laser and automatically becomes SSIV). 

So both animes are terrible, but if I had to chose one as the worser of the two, it's DB GT. Kai is okay at best, mainly because some of the material is still DBZ, though it' not go to say that I'll still watched more of that horrific version.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,283 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Kou_Leifoh:

DBZ Kai isn't bad, it have better pacing then the first one

Now DBGT is bad

(I bet everyone going to say DBGT)

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13
 DBGT, i actually really like Kai.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
kai is a little too fast for me, but it's still not GT
Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

The options in the poll seem like, "what's worse: getting $50 or getting kicked in the nuts?" Kai is actually good while GT isn't. GT gets my vote.

DBZ Kai is bad, and it deserves to be DB GT's main rival in The Realm That Sucks.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Kou_Leifoh said:
DBZ Kai is bad, and it deserves to be DB GT's main rival in The Realm That Sucks.
do you just come on this site to bash Kai? just wondering
@Haofan123 said:
@Kou_Leifoh said:
Don't try to come at me with your ignorant fanboy rant like you did the last time. Accept the fact that there's people that don't like Kai, and move on.

@Kou_Leifoh:

No, it don't

By saying that, you basically saying that DBZ manga is bad to (since Kai is the retelling of the manga)

Post by SethPhotopoulos (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3
This whole poll is dumb and should be locked.
@Kou_Leifoh said:
@Haofan123 said:
@Kou_Leifoh said:
Don't try to come at me with your ignorant fanboy rant like you did the last time. Accept the fact that there's people that don't like Kai, and move on.
cool story. was that before or after you trolled your own thread to death?
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
GT was much worse. DBZ Kai is at least watchable 

ND
@Destinyheroknight said:

No, it don't

By saying that, you basically saying that DBZ manga is bad to (since Kai is the retelling of the manga)

You're giving a short-sighted view on the situation. Aspects about Kai are not in the manga, because they can't, like music and voice acting,

Kai seems like it was for people that never liked DBZ to begin with. Funimation cut way to much, and didn't stay true to the original version, like bringing back the original voice actors for on, for the series to give me a ad taste in my mouth. 

Funimation wanted to make more money off the series so the made a inferior version that alienated old school fans like myself to get extra cash off people that they never milked. And Funimation has a history of milking so much cash off fanboys. Just look at the majority of those terrible DBZ games, they wasted their money on that crap. 
@Haofan123 said:
So much irony in this post. You spent a lot of time in the Giantbomb community don't you? 

Anyways, feeding the troll is what you're interesting in, so I'm going to stop right there. Go ahead and reply, I'm not going to give you more to feed on.
@Kou_Leifoh said:

So much irony in this post. You spent a lot of time in the Giantbomb community don't you?   Anyways, feeding the troll is what you're interesting in, so I'm going to stop right there. Go ahead and reply, I'm not going to give you more to feed on.
Actually, ive never been on giantbomb a day in my life so your point is moot. Thank God you're not replying to me anymore, I dont think I could put up with your childish attitude any longer

@Kou_Leifoh:

Kai is a retelling of the manga, following the manga more better (it not following the anime version)

It Toei Animation, Funimation have nothing to with the cutting (Funimation didn't stay true to original first time around, they put there own music in it and cut scenes) they stay true more for Kai then DBZ, also it very hard to get voice actors to come back to there roles, Funimation didn't make the DBZ games (they was already made)

@Kou_Leifoh:

Here

• As with the Ocean dub before it, FUNimation's dub of DBZ does differ significantly from the Japanese dialogue, notably having characters speak during a scene that was intended to be silent. The FUNimation script also made numerous changes to the dialogue, which resulted in many errors.
  • In the FUNimation dub of DBZ episode 100 (episode 85 of the edited dub) for instance, the dialogues of Gohan and Frieza lead viewers to believe that Goku has been killed, and then revived by Earth's Dragon Balls(which makes no sense since by that time Goku had already been revived once by Shenron), rather than just knocked out, as in all other versions. Though the incident is never specifically spoken of again, later dialogue seems to correct the earlier error. Also, the origins of Android 17 and Android 18 are made so that they were based off of human counterparts, whereas in the Japanese version they were kidnapped by Dr. Gero and turned half-android by his experiments. Again, later dialogue would correct this mistake, particularly using the fact that 18 and Krillin were able to get together and have Marron. In the FUNimation dub of Dragon Ball, the character of General Blue is altered to have a long lost brother Samuel in order to mask his homosexual tendencies present in the original Japanese anime. This however, doesn't work because of the numerous other references to it throughout the anime.
  • However, FUNimation's dub of DBZ Kai so far has been much more faithful to the Japanese dialogue. Although most of the characters have retained their English dub names, several special techniques have regained their original Japanese names in the uncut version. Other notable changes in the dub include the usage of the Japanese music (similar to FUNimation's dub of DB), more faithful translations of the episode titles, Guru being referred to only as the "Grand Elder" (as in the Japanese version), and Goku addressing himself as "Son Goku" in episode 4

So yeah, Funimation trying to make up for there past with Kai

Also here something else

Dialogue is being treated with much more respect than ever before for an English dub of a Dragon Ball product. Lastly, episode titles are mostly faithful translations of their original Japanese versions
Post by Gerhabio (38 posts) See mini bio Level 7

No

@gerhabio:

No? About what?

Post by Sonata (35,398 posts) See mini bio Level 20

DBZ Kai>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DBGT

Its Z without the filter, meaning the epic fights get there faster. The first half of GT was boring, no wonder FUNI waited to release those episodes last.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel