Will you be going back to Comicvine, Giantbomb?

Topic started by Jewel on Dec. 6, 2008. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
This is mostly for the rpgers i guess but im kinda deciding to leave Vine for good as long as this place stays cool and drama free..I like the Anime for RPGing as there are some fantastic ideas that can be used from that genre of Manga or Japanese storys.

I just wondered how others feel?

Post by Pepper (2,496 posts) See mini bio Level 11
honestly i like the vine but im taking a small hiatus just a small one for something new, i really like this atmosphere its way more relaxed, but im not leaving vine just taking a hiatus i guess
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I already am back. I'm splitting my time.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
GB is like a second home to me, of course i'll be going back, just not as much.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Video games and anime are two of my favorite things in this world.

AV = my anime life
GB = my gaming life

I'd say everything works out very well.
Post by GMan (282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
I just keep multiple tabs open and keep going to each site.  Most of my time will probably be at Comic Vine though.
Post by Still_Remains (56 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I love cv, so ill always be on that
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
You know, I was talking to a friend of mine who runs another anime site, and he was wondering if Anime Vice would wind up pulling a lot of traffic from them. I told him I thought it might take some, but that I thought that because we have pretty different focuses, plenty of people would probably just visit both of 'em. It's hard for me to think of using one site as meaning that I can't use another, y'know?
Post by Pepper (2,496 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Still_Remains said:
"I love cv, so ill always be on that"
i knew that with you :)

gia said:
"You know, I was talking to a friend of mine who runs another anime site, and he was wondering if Anime Vice would wind up pulling a lot of traffic from them. I told him I thought it might take some, but that I thought that because we have pretty different focuses, plenty of people would probably just visit both of 'em. It's hard for me to think of using one site as meaning that I can't use another, y'know?"

i agree, especially since the invention of tab browsing xP
gia said:
"You know, I was talking to a friend of mine who runs another anime site, and he was wondering if Anime Vice would wind up pulling a lot of traffic from them. I told him I thought it might take some, but that I thought that because we have pretty different focuses, plenty of people would probably just visit both of 'em. It's hard for me to think of using one site as meaning that I can't use another, y'know?"
your right, this site has the same exact concept of Cv though, it didnt make much sense to me when this site was created, everyone on cv was accepted with any character. i dunno, i think this site is making cv die
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I've gone to GB occasionally before but I haven't even touched their forums yet. I dunno why I just never did for some reason. I'm surprised at myself.

Maybe I should start. But I'm already wasting a lot of time on other forums. Decisions decisions.
Pepper said:
i knew that with you :)

<--------- is cheesin
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Still_Remains said:
"gia said:
your right, this site has the same exact concept of Cv though, it didnt make much sense to me when this site was created, everyone on cv was accepted with any character. i dunno, i think this site is making cv die"
Really? I'd be surprised...I think Comic Vine is much more focused on the character-building and role-playing aspects than Anime Vice! (Especially the character-building.)
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
well it'll be difficult but im running both my accounts on CV and AV because i have good friends on CV who i don't think will come here and i can't just leave them
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
gia said:
"Still_Remains said:
"gia said:
your right, this site has the same exact concept of Cv though, it didnt make much sense to me when this site was created, everyone on cv was accepted with any character. i dunno, i think this site is making cv die"
Really? I'd be surprised...I think Comic Vine is much more focused on the character-building and role-playing aspects than Anime Vice! (Especially the character-building.)"

it is but some people that were harbouring in ComicVine were Anime Lovers in their hearts, they just didn't have a proper place to vent that love. So when THIS GREAT SITE came out it was somewhat annonymous. Some people just up and left the Vine. Then again the Vine might die , it just might not pick up till Summer, trust me school gets in alot of CVer's lifes. Thats why blogs appearing saying" Good Bye ,Good Bye Till Summer, etc." I'm fortunante enough not to have to worry to much about it So CV will not die ,it will most likely just end up with alot of the same people.

The rpging over there is great but eventually you get tired. The same faces  over and over again . It doesn't help that some of the New Be's don't even do training and just stop even logging on. So really  all we have to do is watch to see if CV makes it through the summer. So far i've been over here,( i got awsome postage lol) but if CV starts to drop i'ma probably spend a whole load of time there.
Post by Amuck (943 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Hhmm... I dont know...

I dont think I'll dissapear from the Vine completely but I wont be on as much as I used to. I've always loved anime more than comics.

Plus, I get a new start here! ^_^
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I will always come back to CV i never actually leave a site for no reasons :)
Post by Amuck (943 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Well I get on now and then to check up on the team and the rpg's I'm on, but I like the fact theres not drama here... yet anyways, lol
Post by Hawk (272 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I'll be on The Vine a lot more than here. It's already been said that this site is less RPG focused. I enjoy that part of CV. People always say there is drama on the vine.....it's only the drama you create. I've been on there for a year now. No drama. It's not like I hide over there. I think people know who I am and still no drama.

This should not be an exclusive site. Be on both, be on one. It doesn't matter either way......the drama is YOU not other people. So it will be here too. I'm glad people have a more focused outlet towards their passions. I know a lot of people prefer Anime, I'm happy they have a place to focus that energy.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
hawk said:
"I'll be on The Vine a lot more than here. It's already been said that this site is less RPG focused. I enjoy that part of CV. People always say there is drama on the vine.....it's only the drama you create. I've been on there for a year now. No drama. It's not like I hide over there. I think people know who I am and still no drama.

This should not be an exclusive site. Be on both, be on one. It doesn't matter either way......the drama is YOU not other people. So it will be here too. I'm glad people have a more focused outlet towards their passions. I know a lot of people prefer Anime, I'm happy they have a place to focus that energy."
we are tryign to get the RPGs happening more in here to allow people who have not done them a chance
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel