Wiki Task: Manhwa Project

Topic started by takashichea on Oct. 29, 2013. Last post by Low 3 weeks, 1 day ago.
Post by takashichea (11,940 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Hello everyone! I'm Taka, your neighborhood wiki editor. Due to the recent issues with Anime Vice's wiki scope, I realize we don't have a lot of manhwa series in our manga database. I have been adding any manga series in the database since I met PikaHyper, a Comic Vine mod, who added tons of manga series to our database back in February. I'm taking his role and adding manga series that are adaptations of the new anime seasons such as Fall 2013 and American releases (I use Anime News Network's catalog). I'm hoping to expand the list of Manhwa series we have in Anime Vice. I don't see them much in Anime News Network's latest manga releases catalog.

This year, I only added two Manhwa series due to requests:

I'm hoping you wiki editors out there add Manhwa series that you have read. We will build a list of Manwha series together.

For those who are new, Manhwa comics are like manga, but it's made in Korea.

For a full list of all the Manhwa series in Anime Vice, please see my list. The second post is a short glimpse of the list.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,820 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea:Girls of the WIld's is on my case! I thought of adding it, but I thought it would get me on thin ice since it's also a webcomic.

Post by IndridCold (1,218 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@takashichea: Finally! It's about time we started getting some manhwa pages! I can help if you want.

@Bigheart711:

I thought so too. I finally found a site where it sells Korean Manwhas. As long as the manga has a hard copy published, it's allowed in our database.

@IndridCold:

Sure, I welcome all help.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,820 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea: Understood!

Tried using the same site to find Kill me, Kiss Me. Since Tokyopop went into bankruptcy, finding a decent cover for this series is going to be difficult.

Post by IndridCold (1,218 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@takashichea said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. Does anyone know a good website or database that has hi res Manwha covers? I had a tough time looking for good covers.

List of Manwha series in Anime Vice

This is a community's list of Manwha series that my teammates, the community, and I have added.

mhm..... hmmmm..... I think i'll add Noblesse and Feng Shen Ji once I catch up.

Edited by Takashichea - 10/29/2013

Took out that long list. Don't want to push down the comments.

@IndridCold:

Cool, tell me when you need your submissions approved. Make sure you read the Anime Vice Wiki Style Guide and take a look at the manga pages for an example like this one.

Thanks for recommending that list of Manhwas and thank you for your contributions. This blog here is the Manhwa project. Anyone can recommend Manhwa series that we don't have in the database, and a wiki editor, myself or others, will add them.

I forgot to call who helped me add Girls of the Wild Manhwa.

Post by Low (1,369 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@takashichea:

For some manhwa picks, you may check for the following titles

• Tower of God (webtoon)
  • Legend of Tyr
  • Veritas
  • The Gamer (webtoon)
  • The Demon King is bored (comedy/webtoon)
  • Oh My God (not sure if this is a manhwa, I think it is /webtoon)
  • Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo
  • Feng Shen Ji
  • Soul Cartel (webtoon)
  • Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private School
  • Ability (webtoon)

These are the manhwas that I read. I've excluded The God of Highschool and Noblesse as they are already in the database. Ill be sure to let you know if I come across more titles.

@Low:

Sorry for the late response. I'll add them as soon as I get through other projects this week.

Thanks for the list. Just got to find good covers for them.

@takashichea: No problem. I just happen to fancy manhwa due to their straightforward style. I've been following Manhwas for like 3 years now.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,676 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Cavalier of the abyss and Immortal Regis....,

@DBZ_universe:

Thank you, I'll add that as soon as I track down a Manwha database. I just haven't visited Comic Vine and talk with PikaHyper, the wiki mod. Also, I keep getting false connotations from your ellipse, ....., you keep typing. In my mind, I picture your face being bored. Sorry about that.

Updates

The God of Highschool
Requested by Low
Hareluya II boy
Added by OwnagePants
Crepuscule
Added by OwnagePants
The Gamer
Added by IndridCold
Legend of Tyr

Requested by Low

Cavalier of the Abyss

Requested by DBZ_Universe

@DBZ_universe: @Low:

I ran out of time today due to work. I added two of your Manhwa series. Strangely, I had better luck finding bigger covers than The Gamer, Crepuscule, God of High School, and Hareluya. I found a Russian site where they didn't subbed the covers or put any pirated watermarks on the covers. Made life a bit easier for me.

Thanks and for adding The Gamer, Crepuscule, and Hareluya. I will try ti find bigger covers if I see them one day.

Edit:

We're probably stop adding webtoons to the database due to not having a retail hardcopy version and it's damn hard to find a decent cover.

@takashichea: cool, thanks a bunch!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel