Welcome budding wiki editors and seasoned veterans! As you may know, in the past we had wiki project threads on the forums. The idea was to bring editors together as teams to work more efficiently. However, because these threads weren't easy to keep track of, they didn't see much use. The project threads were later incorporated into the anime & manga discussion threads, but users prefer to casually chat about the latest episodes and chapters than talk about the wiki, and that's fine. Forum threads are supposed to be open conversations you can casually join and leave as you see fit.
So, how do we work on projects as teams and stay notified at all times? PMs! The Private Messaging system is ideal for staying in the loop. Below you can see all of our ongoing team wiki projects. If you want to join a project, post which one below and you will be added to the PM. Want to start a new project? Two or more users are required to start a project together. Post the details below, and you will receive a new PM. All wiki project PMs will be issued by the AnimeVicers account.
There are lots of advantages to working together on a wiki project, for example:
- Team morale! - It can be hard to motivate yourself, but working as a team will give you that extra push!
- Play to your strengths! - Some wiki editors are better at one aspect of wiki editing than others. In a wiki project, one editor might handle images, while another might write plot summaries.
- Share the workload! - Taking on the wiki by yourself can be daunting. In a team, you can divide the work if and when you need to. Two editors could take turns writing plot summaries, for example.
- Avoid collisions! - Sometimes when multiple editors are working on a page individually, they collide and accidentally save over each other's work. Working as a team reduces the chance of this significantly.
- Help! - Need help with something? You can always ask your teammates for help or advice when editing the wiki.
Sound good? Let us know which projects you want to join or start below.