Wiki Project PMs ~ Lets Conquer the Wiki Together!

Topic started by AnimeVicers on Jan. 13, 2014. Last post by takashichea 5 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by AnimeVicers (6 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Welcome budding wiki editors and seasoned veterans! As you may know, in the past we had wiki project threads on the forums. The idea was to bring editors together as teams to work more efficiently. However, because these threads weren't easy to keep track of, they didn't see much use. The project threads were later incorporated into the anime & manga discussion threads, but users prefer to casually chat about the latest episodes and chapters than talk about the wiki, and that's fine. Forum threads are supposed to be open conversations you can casually join and leave as you see fit.

So, how do we work on projects as teams and stay notified at all times? PMs! The Private Messaging system is ideal for staying in the loop. Below you can see all of our ongoing team wiki projects. If you want to join a project, post which one below and you will be added to the PM. Want to start a new project? Two or more users are required to start a project together. Post the details below, and you will receive a new PM. All wiki project PMs will be issued by the AnimeVicers account.

Advantages

There are lots of advantages to working together on a wiki project, for example:

• Team morale! - It can be hard to motivate yourself, but working as a team will give you that extra push!
  • Play to your strengths! - Some wiki editors are better at one aspect of wiki editing than others. In a wiki project, one editor might handle images, while another might write plot summaries.
  • Share the workload! - Taking on the wiki by yourself can be daunting. In a team, you can divide the work if and when you need to. Two editors could take turns writing plot summaries, for example.
  • Avoid collisions! - Sometimes when multiple editors are working on a page individually, they collide and accidentally save over each other's work. Working as a team reduces the chance of this significantly.
  • Help! - Need help with something? You can always ask your teammates for help or advice when editing the wiki.

Sound good? Let us know which projects you want to join or start below.

Wiki Projects

Current Wiki Projects as of Summer 2014

Post by takashichea (11,837 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I forgot to mention Anime Vice's newest projects that came out later in 2013, Toriko and Seven Deadly Sins. I'll set up a PM for my comrades.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea said:

I forgot to mention Anime Vice's newest projects that came out later in 2013, Toriko and Seven Deadly Sins. I'll set up a PM for my comrades.

Hold the phone, I want all the PMs started by the AV account so I can keep track of them all easily. PM me the users to be included and I'll do it.

Post by Delphic (48 posts) See mini bio Level 10

So what exactly are wiki projects? Do you guys just focus on making new wiki entries?

@Delphic: The idea is to just gather the users working on a certain franchise together so they can work together instead of individually. I would say the core focus of a wiki project is to write episode/chapter summaries and add character pages, that's probably the top priority, but you can obviously go as deep as you want.

Post by bigz007 (1,089 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Delphic: Will you try wiki editing?

@bigz007: I've already been doing a little bit of wiki editing. I've been focusing mostly on Gundam Character pages, and filling them in. I've already done some work on Amuro Ray and Bernard Wiseman.

Hey, Maken-ki! Two starts today, you interested in starting a Maken-ki! wiki project with me?

@Daniel_Newton: I'll do some wiki work too for Maken-Ki

@bigz007: Cool, I'll wait for Dekken to get back to me before I start the PM.

@Daniel_Newton: @bigz007: I can also do some wiki work for Maken-Ki. I like filling in character pages for story arcs and such.

@Daniel_Newton: @Delphic: Sounds like we have a team. Knowing Dekken he will be a part of it for sure.

Post by Dekken (364 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

@Daniel_Newton: Yeah of course, I can always help with creating character pages and making profile portraits. If no one wants to take screencaps, I can do it, however I have to admit that I tend to only do it for my favorite characters.

@Dekken: Than I hope Haruko is one of your favorites.

@Daniel_Newton:

I probably make one for Super Sonico since @bigz007: likes to surprise me with images often. I had images on my file, and he beat me to the images.

@takashichea: Started it for you. This is great, I didn't think we'd have this many projects up and running so quickly. Looks like this was definitely a good idea.

@Daniel_Newton:

Thanks. The two guys who are in the most group projects are Bigz007 and I.

@Daniel_Newton: @takashichea: How about Silver Spoon group. I need to do some wiki work for that too, and I know Taka will also join : )

EDIT: and what about Magi group?

@bigz007:

I get dibs on images for Silver Spoon!

@takashichea: Sure thing.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel