Why are almost anime shows based off manga???

Topic started by jewl122 on July 13, 2010. Last post by jewl122 4 years, 2 months ago.
Post by jewl122 (326 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Almost every time I watch anime, at the begining of the show there is always this:
Based off of the manga of.....such and such
Why can't the shows be original? Is that like a rule or are they being lazy? Come on be creative I am sure it is not that hard to make a show  that is your own?

I really did not  mean to post this! good lowd i am so slow!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did not get a chance to state my point!!!!!!!! It was an accident so don't judge me. just saying!!!!1
Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@jewl122 said:
" I really did not  mean to post this! "

Do you want this thread deleted?
Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@jewl122: anime is exxpensive to make, if you base a show off manga you all ready have a fanbase.
@sickVisionz:
DO NOT DELETE THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post by godeater (2,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11
because the manga is easier to make than an anime. if they do good making the manga they can progress to make the anime,  then it will go good or bad  like uhh   Akikan it went good till the end , then ended up going bank rupted cause they never made enough viewers for the anime.
Post by demoneclipse (114 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I've watched both original and manga based and to tell you the truth the manga based ones are usually better. I don't know why, but the ones that aren't based off something just end up being just plain stupid or it has the same concept as a manga based one, but with different characters. Just my opinion.
Post by godeater (2,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@demoneclipse: true sometimes they add more to the manga rosaria  vampire had more added in the manga:)
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
There are a fair number of original titles out there, many of which you are likely already familiar with. Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann(right?), Eureka Seven, Paranoia Agent, FLCL, Gankutsuou
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Same reason there are so many superhero based cartoons and shows sprung from animated feature-length films in the West.  Built in audience means at least some folks will watch the series right from the start.  It's easier to market and that means the production isn't such a risk.  Chances are people will tune in to see a Penguins of Madagascar before they'll take a look at a Mighty B.   Also, if it's from a manga or comic, some story lines have already been written by the creator and that cuts down on the show's production work. 

Wow. I never thought about it in that way. Thanks guys that was awesome of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post by Dream (7,623 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@AgentJ:  Gankutsuou's loosely based off the Alexander Dumas French novel, The Count of Monte Cristo. Otherwise, the others are original works.
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Dream: Yeah, but its not based on a manga, which I thought was the point. Really good show by the way. 

I want to see some new anime.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel