Who's a better cook

Topic started by waybig1010101 on Feb. 24, 2013. Last post by othus12 1 year ago.
Post by waybig1010101 (3,228 posts) See mini bio Level 14
KOMATSU
KOMATSU

or

SANJI
SANJI
Post by othus12 (6,824 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

komatsu by far, he has food honor and has cooked several ingredients that are extremely difficult, he is on the top 100 chefs in th world and that is huge considering its the gourmet age and the toriko world population is wayyyy bigger than our earth's population

Post by taichokage (13,284 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Komatsu. He has a metaphysical relationship with food and can hear the desires of ingredients. And despite Sanji being far physically faster and stronger, Komatsu can probably outpace Sanji as well due to his mastering food honor.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Can't really say, since they not real and I can't taste their food

Online Now

@Destinyheroknight: we should go by feats like in any battle

Online Now

@othus12:

For a battle of food, it go by ones stomach

We have no idea who is better since they are fictional characters and are the best in their own world

Online Now

@Destinyheroknigh: you can tell whos the better cook even if you cant try their dishes, there are some other areas such as methods and skill, komatsu has mastered food honor and deals daily with special preparation ingredients while sanji does regular high class cooking.

Online Now

@othus12:

You still need a taste judge to decide that, without tasting the meal make it hard to know which is truly better (since Sanji could make a more tastily meal then Komatsu or vice versa)

The other stuff are important, but the taste of meal need to be there

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Rin Okumura is also a great cook!

Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Both are equally good. Maybe they'll cook up some food during the Toriko/DBZ/OnePiece Crossove--- Who am I kidding? of course they'll cook. 3 of the 4 biggest eaters are in this anime xD

Online Now

@Destinyheroknight: then how about this for taste judging: komatsus recipes have been acknowledged by the G-7. these guys have a palate so delicate they can recognize the taste of a single grain of sugar in a twenty-five meter pool. and he didnt even had his original cooking ware

his first rank in was at 88th of the world and even then he got to the final 32 at the kitchen stadium komatsu has incredible cooking feats which put him far above sanji some of them are:

making food honor food easy to eat

normally a normal human wouldnt be able to touch or even look at the exquisite dishes from disappearance cuisine. the main dish is the bubble fruit and even the replicas exploded when someone without food honor looked at them:

but komatsu even managed to cook them and the only method is to peel the skin of them. yup something so delicate it bursts when you reach your hand got its skin peeled off by him:

my conclusion:

if we compare komatsu to sanji then komatsu would be the chef of a restaurant with 3 michellin stars while sanji would be a cook at Mc Donalds.

Online Now

@othus12:

You do know Sanji live in a different universe, where food isn't a big deal. Sanji's skill isn't focus on the main story or doesn't have anyone who judge his cooking like that, if they did it probably won't count since he is a wanted man

Anyway, Sanji probably would be rank as high as Komatsu if he was in the same world. Sanji is a skill cook and know what he is doing, like when he beat the CP5 (I forgot his name) noodles attack without cutting him. Saying he would be a McDonalds cook is a insult and really uncall for.

I still have the same opinion that we don't really know who is the better cook. unless we have a judge who taste both of their cooking (not just one, who live in a world where food is greater then everything)

Online Now

@Destinyheroknight: since komatsus verse its all about food i thought you would have realized by now that komatsu had the upper hand here and sanji has never shown cooking skills on the same level as komatsu. we can imply that komatsu is better because he has more skill more experience better cooking ware and lives on a verse where cooking is even a religion and its population easily doubles the real world population. making it even harder to become well known. if we go by feats (which we should since battles are based on feats not assumptions) komatsu stomps

and it wasnt an insult. i agree that sanji is an amazing chef actually no real world chef would be able to compete with him. however he is against one of the top 32 chefs of a cooking verse. and he is the top chef of a pirate verse and pirate is the keyword since pirates arent well known for their delicate palate

Online Now

@othus12:

Again, Sanji is skills at cooking (he cook all his live) he should have the same experience as Komatsu (minus the hold different food).

The only feat I see are their food are good and they are both skillful, don't see either of them having an edge. Since their no taster for this battle or any rules on what they cooking.

Like I say earlier "For a battle of food, it go by ones stomach"

A battle of fists are different from a battle of food

So in my book, no one wins

Post by taichokage (13,284 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Lol, Rin Okumura. Don't know if he can quite compete with these guys.
Online Now

@Destinyheroknight: uhhhh i dont know.....maybe so. its hard for me to say that sanji equals komatsu since komatsu handles 6 star cooking daily and got into the top 32 at world rank. komatsu pre food honor maybe they are equal hell they even talk each other as fellow chefs.

but post food honor i dont really think so.

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Mcdonalds can taste better than a gourmet resteraunt but its still obvious whose cooks are better so I believe that us not being able to taste thier cooking is a moot point as this is a contest of skill in which i believe Komatsu would stomp here as his cooking skills do indeed eclipse Sanji's completely

Online Now

@Haofan123:

Again, this is who is the better cook. In skill and taste, on Iron Chef they judge the taste, skill and preparation. Also I don't see Komatsu's skill eclipse Sanji's skill, they pretty much even in my eyes

If they show reaction like in Shokugeki no Soma, then might be more clearer to me

@othus12:

Again, I see Sanji being in same level as Komatsu if was in the same world

Love how you didn't post this part

Guess we agree to disagree, since I think of cooking contest way differently then you guys

Online Now

@othus12 said: maybe they are equal hell they even talk each other as fellow chefs.

just felt like requoting what i said earlier....

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Haofan123:

Again, this is who is the better cook. In skill and taste, on Iron Chef they judge the taste, skill and preparation. Also I don't see Komatsu's skill eclipse Sanji's skill, they pretty much even in my eyes

If they show reaction like in Shokugeki no Soma, then might be more clearer to me

@othus12:

Again, I see Sanji being in same level as Komatsu if was in the same world

Love how you didn't post this part

Guess we agree to disagree, since I think of cooking contest way differently then you guys

Like i said, Mcdonalds made by a frycook may taste better than a five star lobster made by a gourmet chef to some people, but everyone knows who the better cook is. But like you said i guess we'll have to agree to disagree

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel