Who will be the next HST after the current ones are done?

Topic started by SMXLR8 on Feb. 1, 2013. Last post by taichokage 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,194 posts) See mini bio Level 16

so who do think will be the next 3

Post by taichokage (13,353 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Barring One Piece (which will probably outlast the next big 3), the 3 I see dominating shonen are Fairy Tail (ranked #4 out of all manga in sales in Japan in 2012), Magi (ranked #9 in sales and is a less than 4 year old series), and Toriko (ranked #11 in total sales and is just older than Magi). I don't count Hunter x Hunter because it is about as old as One Piece and thus older than 2 of the big 3. I don't think it can be counted especially with its very long hiatus spurts. I don't count Katekyo Hitman Reborn either because it was in the top 25 sales last year but abruptly ended due to funding. And D Gray Man is pulling Hunter x Hunter moves by releasing a chapter less than once every month, so it's popularity is not quite the same as it was. The last problem is that Fairy Tail is rumored to be ending around the same time as Bleach and that the next arc could be the final arc (the Mangaka is currently working on another manga), and this it wouldn't be around long enough to be part of the next big 3. In that case, probably Beelzebub could step in. It's a top 20 manga now and is the same age as Toriko/Magi.
Post by othus12 (6,847 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@taichokage said:

Barring One Piece (which will probably outlast the next big 3), the 3 I see dominating shonen are Fairy Tail (ranked #4 out of all manga in sales in Japan in 2012), Magi (ranked #9 in sales and is a less than 4 year old series), and Toriko (ranked #11 in total sales and is just older than Magi). I don't count Hunter x Hunter because it is about as old as One Piece and thus older than 2 of the big 3. I don't think it can be counted especially with its very long hiatus spurts. I don't count Katekyo Hitman Reborn either because it was in the top 25 sales last year but abruptly ended due to funding. And D Gray Man is pulling Hunter x Hunter moves by releasing a chapter less than once every month, so it's popularity is not quite the same as it was. The last problem is that Fairy Tail is rumored to be ending around the same time as Bleach and that the next arc could be the final arc (the Mangaka is currently working on another manga), and this it wouldn't be around long enough to be part of the next big 3. In that case, probably Beelzebub could step in. It's a top 20 manga now and is the same age as Toriko/Magi.

this

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I don't want to think about this.....

Although having said that Bleach is just going downhill for me massively, but Fairy Tail isn't a good enough replacement for it either. I just wish One Punch Man became a weekly manga with an actual storyline lol.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,282 posts) See mini bio Level 21

It probably be One Piece, Toriko and Kuroko's Basketball

Since HST are for Jump titles

Post by taichokage (13,353 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Yup assuming we are just going by jump titles those 3 are correct. Problem is Kuroko no Basket is a sports manga. I don't know if it will catch on as a "member" of the HST like Naruto and Bleach did as they are battle manga.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel