who is your favorite Male and Female Anime Character?

Topic started by sharingan_eyes on April 10, 2011. Last post by AgentJ 3 years, 7 months ago.
Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9
out of all the anime and manga out there, which male and which female have captured your number one spots? for me it's Light Yagami from Death Note and Misato Katsuragi from Evangelion 
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,357 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Well, my favorite male character so far is Kamina of Gurren Lagann. Why, you ask? For he takes on life's biggest challenges head-on and makes doing so look totally badass.
 Making life more manly...since 2007
 Making life more manly...since 2007
Favorite female character? Hmm...tough choice. Of all of the female characters that I have come across in manga or in anime, I guess that Bridget el Satellizer of Freezing at the moment is. Not sure why....must be her looks xD

Meet Bridget el Staellizer, the....um, what was I talking about? 0_0
 Meet Bridget el Staellizer, the....um, what was I talking about? 0_0
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I think, for the female, I'm going to go with Revy from Black Lagoon. If she can handle insane gunfights with ease, I wonder if she would be able to handle a regular relationship with Rock? 
 Yep, this is... O_O
 Yep, this is... O_O
As for a fav guy, I'm going to have to go with Ladd Russo from Baccano! for the badass dude. I mean, come on- the guy can kill with his FUCKING FISTS OF FURY!!!   
Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
My favorite female character is definitely Kino from Kino no Tabi. No matter what situation she finds herself in, she is cool, calm, and collected. There are other little things that I like about her also, but it's hard to explain if you haven't seen the series or read the novels.
This isn't the clip I wanted to show, but unfortunately there aren't many clips on Youtube or elsewhere.

Honorable Mention: Ryoko Okami from Okami-san, Kawazoe Tamaki from Bamboo Blade, and Index from A Certain Magical Index.

Male is a little harder. I can think of many good male characters, but it is hard to pick one that I consider a favorite. I feel like I'm forgetting someone obvious, but the two that keep coming to mind are Lupin the 3rd and Free from Soul Eater. Both characters are somewhat similar. Both have their eccentricities, but both are very skilled at what they do. I will have to think more though, because I feel I'm forgetting someone.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,217 posts) See mini bio Level 12
My favourite male character in animé would be Son-Gohan. He's the character I liked from the beginning of me watching Dragon Ball Z, and at the beginning of me watching any animé. The first I watched of DBZ was the Nakem sage which I consider one of the best sagas. His rise from being a scared boy with potential, to becoming it's saviour. Goods transition.

My favourite female character I think is Ryoko from the Tenchi Muyo franchise. Has great power but is really a softy at heart...well maybe only to Tenchi. And will destroy anyone who harms him or tries to.

Post by sinxism (348 posts) See mini bio Level 9
This 2 are mysterious!! 

C.c. Code geass
C.c. Code geass

Espada 4 Bleach
Espada 4 Bleach
Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Pikachu

Post by CodeSaint (269 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Toki Fujiwara from Code:Breaker love he's personality,I think it's like mine,he will hate this but I love how they always make fun of him.Like his power and how he uses it.His backstory leaved me so sad.

Female is of course Evangeline,everyone must know that.^^
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I've got a list for each:
Favorite Male:  Kenji Harima of School Rumble is at the top of my male list
Favorite Female: Lum Invader of Urusei Yatsura (Those Crazy Aliens) is at the top of my female list

The lists are supposed to be in no particular order but for purposes like this, I'm citing these two as tops.
Post by taichokage (14,860 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
My favorite male character would probably be the one and only Goku. I like Ulquiorra, Aizen and Kurohige a lot too.

Goku
Goku

Aizen
Aizen

Kurohige
 Kurohige

Ulquiorra
Ulquiorra

My favorite female character...... Hmmm I'm not sure but definitely one of my faves is Yoruichi Shihouin

Yoruichi Shihouin
Yoruichi Shihouin
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,426 posts) See mini bio Level 14

of coarse my favorite male character is luffy

i dont know why but i really like rukia out of the characters( i honeslty dont like many other female characters because of how they are portrayed but shes cool)

Post by ssejllenrad (20 posts) See mini bio Level 5

Motoko Kusanagi SAC Official art
Motoko Kusanagi SAC Official art
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Guts from Berserk

Revy from Black Lagoon
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Maes Hughes
Maes Hughes

Lacus Clyne
 Lacus Clyne
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel