Whiskey Media - Top 10 Wiki Editors

Topic started by FoxxFireArt on Sept. 5, 2011. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,644 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I've been a member of Whiskey Media brand of sites since July of 2009. I've been active in comments and the wiki, mostly on Anime Vice. I felt that with the second Big Live Show coming that the spotlight should turn to some of the users.

I've been at the top of the Anime Vice wiki editing list for some time now, but I was often curious about where I stood in ranking among all the WM editors. I put together a list of the top ten wiki editors, and I was rather surprised to see I'm the third highest submitter. The top two Screened users have a good showing, considering it's one of the youngest of the brands. Giant Bomb surprisingly only has one user in the top ten, and Comic Vine has the strongest showing with number of members.

Note that these numbers only reflect the points the user has one the site they rank the highest on. I don't take into account if the person has edited on any other of the sites.  don't have access to those numbers. The totals were collected on September 5th 2011 at 4PM EST. Something I noticed in this research was that the majority of these users joined during the summer months. One joined in April.

Top 10 Wiki Editors

User Name: fesak

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Homage Covers5,328
Donald Duck 4,469
Huey3,790
Dewey3,783
Louie3,773
Uncle Scrooge3,457
Mickey Mouse3,350
Goofy3,348

User Name: aztek_the_lost

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Vertigo15,009
Lucifer Morningstar 12,933
The Endless4,171
Shade 3,116
Hell 2,260
Elaine Belloc2,106
Superpowers1,928
Mr. Sinister 1,796

User Name: FoxxFireArt

Top Wiki Submissions:

Submissions
Points Earned
Nami15,453
Monkey D. Luffy11,246
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion9,003
One Piece8,608
Knightmare Frames8,438
Pokemon 7,447
Black Lagoon6,797
Nico Robin5,593

User Name: mike20

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
The Babe Ruth Story3,587
Action in the North Atlantic2,899
No Pain, No Gain2,569
For the Boys2,464
Impure Thoughts2,378
His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th2,339
Witness to the Mob2,256
Largo Winch2,186

User Name: Gort

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Battlestar Galactica8,396
TaleSpin8,325
DuckTales4,893
Boardwalk Empire4,712
Darkwing Duck3,786
Magnum Force3,649
A Return to Normalcy3,532
Club Mario3,424

User Name: Marino

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Interactive Achievement Awards38,358
EverQuest 29,088
EverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark16,297
Norrath12,201
Launch Titles11,691
EverQuest: The Shadows of Luclin11,234
E3 2005 10,381
E3 20049,238

User Name: Superkitty

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Felix the Cat 1,192
Alfred E. Neuman1,147
Richie Rich1,110
Tarzan895
Casper 831
The Phantom828
Tom772
Jerry

User Name: Obsidian609

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Pokémon12,639
Pokémon: Best Wishes7,876
Ruki Makino1,987
Honey Kisaragi1,929
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl1,894
Yukime1,852
Digimon1,841
Izumi Orimoto1,821

User Name: Blue_Shield

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Mike Pellowski1,050
Volume 5843
Dan Buckley817
Joe Quesada781
Volume 1760
Volume 2716
George Perez658
Volume 4554

User Name: jloneblackheart

Top Wiki Submissions:

SubmissionsPoints Earned
Silver Surfer17,240
Galactus3,994
Comic Geography of Earth2,468
Thanos2,289
Adam Warlock1,596
Avengelyne1,450
Frankie Raye1,410
Doctor Doom1,384

These users deserves a lot of credit for the hard work they do in building the wiki database across every brand, and remember that these are just the top ten. There are even more people working hard. 

As you can see, the Anime Vice wiki shouldn't be taken lightly. Publicly, the staff haven't done much to try and make the AV users feel welcome into the community events. It was absent in last years Live Show, despite Tom's involvement; I've never seen the Happy Hour advertised on the Anime Vice main page, and there was no mention of the site in the recent survey. I don't mean to make light the recent work that has been done, but actions speak louder than words. I do hold some hope that with some of the coming events will change some matters.

I have experience in a wide variety of manga/anime series, I write both editorials and news articles for the main page, and I will continue to be an advocate for the medium and users on AV. They are a good group of user who want to be involved, but most honestly think that Whiskey Media staff and users hate them.

-Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ animevice / @ FoxxFireArt

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
That's a lot of points. Being practically 200K behind, you have your work cut out for ya if you want to be the first to a million.
Post by rorie (3 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Staff

Nice list! Fun data stuff.

I don't think that anyone hates Anime Vice, but without a full-time staff member around to advocate for it, it's natural that it might not be emphasized as much as the other sites will. Hopefully that'll change at some point.

@sotyfan16:

Thanks. I just finished up Luffy's profile and summed up all 14 years of his character's story. Though, I still need to proofread through. That was 14 years of character history I'm trying to summarize. lol

@rorie:

Firstly, thank you for the comment, and welcome to Anime Vice. If you ever need some assistance. Just ask, and I'll try to help in any way I can.

As to the issues surrounding Anime Vice. I personally don't think they are hated. Though, on the Happy Hour users hear staff say "Anime is for jerks", or in the surveys about the Whiskey sites Anime Vice was absent from the list. Did you see that video Kessler and Steve made about Evangelion, and all they said was "Fuck Anime!"? A moderator on AV resigned because of that. Last year in the Live Show, Anime Vice had no segment, despite Tom being there.

It's not so much a matter of not being emphasized. I know it can't be easy with having no in-house staff. It's a matter of being constantly mocked. With so much evidence, how could they not wonder if they're hated?

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Now those are some impressive numbers, considering how much content it took being created by these ten individuals in order to achieve such numbers. Cheers to all on this list and especially to the two AnimeVice users (FoxxFireArt and Obsidian609) who rank among these elite Wiki Database contributors.

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@FoxxFireArt: The reason why Tom didn't have a segment is because he didn't have a script while the show was being planned out. Tom was on the Happy Hour months ago and talked about Wonder-con.

@ZombiePie:

Why would you need a script to host a 5 minute give away of a manga volume of DVD box set? With all the money that get wasted on silly As Seen on TV gadgets, they couldn't drop $10 on a manga volume?

I can't watch all the Happy Hour shows because I'm not a subscriber, and I don't have as much free income to use on a site. Also, the Anime Vice users never get to know about the Happy Hour because it's never advertised on the front page of Anime Vice. How were the Anime Vice users suppose to know Tom was going to be on to talk about Wonder-con? You never advertise the show on the front page, so, it give them the impression they aren't even welcome.

@FoxxFireArt said:

You never advertise the show on the front page, so, it give them the impression they aren't even welcome.

Oh come now, you know better and are smart enough than to accuse me of being a member of the staff. I forget which episode it was but Tom's appearance was actually a freebie meaning you watch it on an archive. Tom also went the extra mile of getting the creator of the Re-Animator to talk to Ryan about the future of the franchise. It was really awesome because I love the Re-Animator.

@ZombiePie:

I know better. That's because, because I'm more active on the other sites. I'm talking about the user who's only a member on Anime Vice. They may see how it's always advertised every Friday on every other site (sometimes seen on the bottom of the pages), but has never been shown on Anime Vice. Not even when Tom did that appearance. How are they suppose to know about these things if you never tell them?

I'm pretty sure I've seen most of the Happy Hour when on free days, but the ones I've missed I normally watch the archived version. I've never seen Tom on it. What are these users suppose to think when they see how it's never even mentioned on Anime Vice? When they did that survey before the Big Live Show to ask about sites users want to see more work on. Anime Vice wasn't even listed.

I don't think that Anime Vice is hated by the staff or most users, but I really can't blame users for having that perception either. I have very little to point to in order to prove otherwise.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Impressive

@FoxxFireArt: I'll accept that. However I think you and I can both see that this inter site hate has calmed down for the most part, yes I recognize that there are assholes. I just have and always will question why you have to be such a firebrand about this stuff.

Also out of pure fear I would like to say that that was a joke.

Post by Joeybagad0nutz (3 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@FoxxFireArt said:

@sotyfan16:

Thanks. I just finished up Luffy's profile and summed up all 14 years of his character's story. Though, I still need to proofread through. That was 14 years of character history I'm trying to summarize. lol

@rorie:

Firstly, thank you for the comment, and welcome to Anime Vice. If you ever need some assistance. Just ask, and I'll try to help in any way I can.

As to the issues surrounding Anime Vice. I personally don't think they are hated. Though, on the Happy Hour users hear staff say "Anime is for jerks", or in the surveys about the Whiskey sites Anime Vice was absent from the list. Did you see that video Kessler and Steve made about Evangelion, and all they said was "Fuck Anime!"? A moderator on AV resigned because of that. Last year in the Live Show, Anime Vice had no segment, despite Tom being there.

It's not so much a matter of not being emphasized. I know it can't be easy with having no in-house staff. It's a matter of being constantly mocked. With so much evidence, how could they not wonder if they're hated?

Who was the moderator to resign?

@Joeybagad0nutz:

I think it would be in poor taste to give out that user's name.

Post by takashichea (13,104 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Whoo! Congrats to everyone! 

I have to work harder to get into the top ten for top Whiskey Media's wiki editors. 
I was proud to get into 100,000 points after my buddy, Anna, got it before me on Anime Vice and the top ten as well.  
There is a lot of new wiki editors out there especially on Anime Vice. A lot of upward mobility is present for the the wiki editors section.    
Edit: 
A shoutout to Obsidian609 who is always working hard and who comes back to help Anna and I on Fairy Tail and other stuff.

So should I expect a review blog of the Big Live Live Show with points docked off because Tom wasn't there?

@ZombiePie:

I wrote a blog review about the first Live Show. It's buried somewhere on here. Though, I may have also written it on Giant Bomb and Comic Vine.

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ZombiePie said:

So should I expect a review blog of the Big Live Live Show with points docked off because Tom wasn't there?

Oh come on now. The argument had finally (hopefully) fizzled out a day ago. There is really no need for that jab. And don't you need to think of something to write with that guest author status still anyways?

@Turambar said:

@ZombiePie said:

Oh come on now. The argument had finally (hopefully) fizzled out a day ago. There is really no need for that jab. And don't you need to think of something to write with that guest author status still anyways?

Kris knows when I'm petting the cat against the grain ironically.

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ZombiePie:Yeah well, I stand by my second point about getting an article written. Hop to it! >:|

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel