Which kind of ending do you mostly prefer?

Topic started by indifferentmrh on Nov. 5, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by indifferentmrh (90 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Protagonist sacrifice him/herself or simply dies in an epic way
  • Protagonist owns everyone, becomes very powerful and lives carefree
  • Almost everyone dies, not only the protagonist (it's even better if they get totally humiliated before)
  • I'm neither a sadist nor a guy who loves overused cliches so none
  • Who cares about the ending?! It's not an important part of the story at all... o.O
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,295 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I really don't care for the ending that much, I like the ride to it

But, if the ending don't make sense or is rush, then I care

Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Happily ever after.... the end.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,156 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Ones that respect the audience and characters.

Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24
C. I generally dislike good guys so seeing then suffer and ultimately failing is my favorite type of ending.
Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Really depends on the themes of the entire narrative. Over all I find bitter sweet endings often are the most meaningful and fictionally grounded while still pleasant enough to make us emotionally content.

Post by NoOne_13 (61 posts) See mini bio Level 9

If you ever make another ending poll in the future make sure to add an open ending option. I used to hate open endings with a passion but over the years I have learned to accept them and realize they can be quite powerful. Having the fates of the main characters be a mystery can be fun and interesting. But I was surprised someone picked E, the ending is one of the most important parts of a series. It is the final nail in the coffin and wraps up something we invested time and possibly money into. Anime does require a certain level of commitment and a bad ending can make some feel that the commitment was a waste.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe said:

Happily ever after.... the end.

Post by Acura_Max (2,347 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Elfenlied1012 said:

Really depends on the themes of the entire narrative. Over all I find bitter sweet endings often are the most meaningful and fictionally grounded while still pleasant enough to make us emotionally content.

I agree. Although I wouldn't mind the other types of endings.

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Acura_Max: Agreed diversity is key, making the ending consistent clever and with enough closure (or not depending on the goal of the ending) makes for the best possible endings. In example making say the manga girlfriends have a sad ending would feel inconsistent and forced considering the tone and narrative, Yet in say, Fate Zero, because it was the nature of the narrative the ending felt perfectly natural since it matched the tone and style of the entire plot (even if it was just the worst possible things happening to the best possible people.)

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Endings like in Tenchi Muyo GXP.

@sickVisionz said:

C. I generally dislike good guys so seeing then suffer and ultimately failing is my favorite type of ending.

lol! You are evil!

Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@DBZ_universe: I've been this way since I wa a little kid. I think it's because it got drilled into me that hard work pays off yet that never seemed to be the case for these poor unfortunate villains. They do all of this planning, scheming, and hard work yet they're always defeated by good guys who have no plans and just bumble their way to success.

There are very few occasions where the villain is interesting yet I don't root for them to win.

@sickVisionz said:

@DBZ_universe: I've been this way since I wa a little kid. I think it's because it got drilled into me that hard work pays off yet that never seemed to be the case for these poor unfortunate villains. They do all of this planning, scheming, and hard work yet they're always defeated by good guys who have no plans and just bumble their way to success.

There are very few occasions where the villain is interesting yet I don't root for them to win.

Ah! I see! and I get your point.. and that is kinda truth! in the real I wanted Aizen to kill Ichigo when he lost his powers... but something else happened that made Aizen lose...

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel