Which is better animevine or comicvine?

Topic started by SMXLR8 on Aug. 27, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by SMXLR8 (6,827 posts) See mini bio Level 16

so which on do you like more and why? both of these are ok they could be better

Post by taichokage (12,469 posts) See mini bio Level 20
You mean animeVICE. Well they are both great sites. Two sides of the same coin really. Comicvine certainly has more activity which is a plus, but you generally have fewer biased opinions here. Battle discussions tend to have less biased conclusions here. Several anime based threads on the vine stand little chance of a fair discussion when put against their comic cousins.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Both are great... but I like AV a lot more because I am use to it and a lot of users and mods here are awesome!!

but it also depends on your interest! if you like comics more than CV is for you.. but if you like mangas/anime more than AV is for you!

Post by ImmortalOne (8 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Why would you ask this on Anime Vice? Of course most people are going to say AV. Anyways, for me Comic Vine. I mean, have 5 posts here and over a thousand posts there, so... yeah.

Post by Shotgun (6 posts) See mini bio Level 5

AnimeVice's community isn't really active much..plus, I find ComicVine to be much more interesting.

@Shotgun: True... Comic Vine is more active than here.

Also.... Welcome to Anime Vice!!

Post by Tiferet (149 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I don't know. Maybe.
Post by Shotgun (6 posts) See mini bio Level 5

@DBZ_universe: Thanks! :)

@Shotgun: Your welcome :)

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,803 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Animevice is better. I am not being biased I have an account over there as well. It's more quiet here and the people are way more rude at the vine.

Post by senturion (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3

They are basically the same site IMO, just with a different focus, manga/anime and comics are featured on both sites, although AV is a more civil place to hang.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

i must admit it , AnimeVice is friendlier than Comic Vine. the problem is AV has few members.

AV ftw!!

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,803 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@SilverGalford said:

i must admit it , AnimeVice is friendlier than Comic Vine. the problem is AV has few members.

I agree 100%.

Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Our forums are way less active but our videos are like 50x funnier. Tie?

The thing I LOVE about Anime Vice, is that there is no ads. and on Comic Vine there is... which is annoying.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

We really need to attract more members.

@DBZ_universe: the ads apeare once a month, never bothered me.

@Killer_of_trolls: I have never seen ads here... only on CV.

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I can't comment on which community is better since I spent virtually no time on the ComicVine forums, but I can say that ComicVine has the superior wiki. However, AnimeVice is getting there.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I like the people here better. Everyone is so friendly with very, if any exceptions, and no one judges me for not being that familiar with anime

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel