Which Death Note OP did you like better?

Topic started by MisterX on Jan. 14, 2012. Last post by taichokage 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by MisterX (917 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • "The World" (The first one)
  • "What's Up, People?!" (The second one)
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I like the first OP, it basically show what the show is about

Post by ScarletKittie (131 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I liked the first one. The music is pleasant and the animated sequences they went with are great. I especially love the imagery mimicking "The Creation of Adam" and "The Pietà" by Michelangelo.

I honestly can't get myself to like the second one at all. The music was jarring and the animated sequences were just messy chaos. Didn't fit the whole methodical mind game that is the series.
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Both are great openings, but i prefer What's Up, People.

Post by crescendotaku (1 posts) See mini bio Level 5

I like how What's Up People strays from the typical anime opening. I remember when I first saw the change on adultswim. I broke out into laughter when I heard that loud heavy metal growl because it was so ridiculously out of left field.

Post by Sonata (35,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Always liked the first one more. It made me crave apples every time I seen it. The second one is more crazy, though it was a crazy James Bond opening. Though there's nothing wrong with that:P
Post by Neurotic (41 posts) See mini bio Level 6

The first one by far.

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13

The music of the first, the animation of the second. I loved how the second one introduced the characters, but the music was just a teensy bit grating.

Post by sickVisionz (4,223 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Death Note is a show about an arrogant teen who, with the help of basically a demon, develops a god complex and goes on a multiyear murder spree where he executes cops, sends widows to their grave, kills his father for his own gains, kills another demon who stood in his way, sets a news anchor with a bright future ahead of her on her (after convincing her to become his girlfriend, then a mass murderer like himself), turns an upcoming criminal justice lawyer into a raving mass murder and convinces him to eviscerate himself for his own personal gain... and by the end of it racks up a murder count in the thousands.

Soft melodic alt rock doesn't match anything I just described.

Post by WatanabeKazuma (7 posts) See mini bio Level 5

The first, the God imagery always makes me laugh a little, whenever I see it.

The second has its merits, buts its too forced for my liking. I always did like the shot of L spinning in his chair though!

Post by taichokage (12,500 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The first. I generally prefer that type of music over metal, and it was more symbolic. But I like the second too. When I first heard it I couldn't stand it, but after a few times, it grew on me and I began to like it more than the first.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel